Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

What are the other specs? Which motherboard did you go for?

iirc (don't do this myself, but...)

IGNORE_ERRORS=m

was to skip all broken packages(as in installable, but not the main bits) when one is trying to build the works.

@rev6

X570 Gigabyte Pro Wifi which I'm starting to think may have been a little bit of a mistake. The reason being this Mobo needs a better shield for the NVMe. The NVMe is stuck between the CPU and Video Card. The stock CPU cooler blows hot air right down on the NVMe not including the GPU which does the same! So I've run a "watch" script that monitors the CPU and NVMe temperatures, and the NVMe will climb to 55 Celsius without doing any disk tasks whilst under CPU load. One way to work around this issue would be to buy a different CPU cooler that does not direct hot air straight down to the NVMe. So, I may look at that option before long.

1 Like

Hi David
[SOLVED] bizarre issue, for now reason whatsoever Minidlna has vanished from my WRT 1900 v1!!
Try to redownload it and I get the error

Collected errors:

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package minidlna.

im using the distribution feeds in the following format

src/gz lede_core https://dc502wrt.org/snapshots/r8289/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/packages

any hints as to who I can fix this? Im on Lede SNAPSHOT r8289-f4b7dfcc4b, so im well behind the cirve now, maybe I just need to upgrade?

all the best

Looking in the repository for r8289, minidlna did not successfully build or it would be there.

I just checked r10525 and it is in the repository, so if you want to upgrade it will be there. As a side note, I use dlna for a server I have, and it is working for this build.

David

@slim0287

I've asked a question about V2 overlay on the developers board. I'm hoping we get a response.

2 Likes

thanks for quick reply David - will upgrade tomorrow. There is nothing like MInidlna for streaming...VLC is just useless in the way it handles SMB shares whereas Minidlna is flawless!!!

@davidc502 @anomeome thx for helping. I let the current build to finish (it already runs almost 15 hours, hopefully will finish soon) and I will try again then with multicore and IGNORE_ERRORS=m.

Yes I do make download before each build.

BTW: How to achieve the same image as David releases when building from source? To use config.seed and what else? To checkout the source tree? If so, what to checkout?

@solidus1983 answered that question a couple weeks ago.

So my current image build attempt failed after approx 22 hours on out of disk space error. I had all 50GB virtual disk available for that. Is that normal that the build consumes so much disk space? How much disk space may successful image build actually consume?

Hi, just wanted to post a quick follow up to an issue I had waaaaay back when I first started using this build on a WRT32X (June 2018): I had a load of IoT devices (Logitech Harmony Hub, Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot and maybe some others) that wouldn't successfully get a DHCP lease, getting stuck in a discover/offer loop. Much experimentation showed that if I enabled legacy 802.11b rates they would complete the discover, offer, req, ack cycle. The interaction causing this was never established.

Anyways, many release of David's firmware later and I decided to try disabling legacy rates again and it's all working nicely now. I've no idea exactly what was causing the problem ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Bump it to over 100GB.

Why cant i open port 3075 in the firewall? 3074 works fine but not 3075

Don't do that, use UPNP on trusted hosts instead...

Upnp solved my issue

1 Like

I don't recommend leaving Upnp on. Because it will continue to grow the table and open up more holes.

Uhmm... rules are purged

Hi David
Minidlna issues solved, but now I have a different issue.
I'm trying to enable dnscryptproxy_2 and am failing where I need to add a forward to 127.0.0.1#5300 in LuCI. It doesnt save the value and the blue add button to generate a new field doesnt work either.
This result is in Firefox but I generated the same in Pale Moon. (no changes to apply)
I tried changing the theme to Material but the error is the same.
Any ideas (or anything wrong I'm doing)
PS - I guess I can set this value at the command line, which file should I edit?

Ok so what to do? Close it when im not using it?

Like I said, use it on trusted hosts (your gaming consoles etc).