Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Take a look at some of the sample screenshots from their website for the button colors - https://advancedtomato.com/ and scroll down on the page to where it says "Interface version 3.0".

The blue "Save" button matches the same blue as the top left of the screen that has the firmware name, and with what is in the AT theme that indicates "Linksys WRT32X". Seems the light blue is usually used for a "Confirm, Ok, Save, etc" - usually not the negative related buttons.

The dark grey-ish (with maybe a hint of some blue in that color) used for "Cancel" would be used for the "Reset" button that is bright red.

AdvancedTomato does have instances of Red, but usually uses it for things like Disabling Wireless Interfaces, or for adding port forwarding (as seen in this screenshot)

I'm indifferent to how and when the colors are used, but it would be nice to at least try to replicate this to some extent. The light blue and dark grey combo is easy on the eyes, and flows great with the theme itself, matching the interface but providing contrast to stand out to the end user.

Currently as it stands the dark blue and red/dark red login and reset buttons are a harsh contrast from the peaceful UI that is presented with the AT login page that is shown.

Edit 1: Here's a crude mockup I made in MS Paint. Please ignore the edges of the buttons as they aren't accurate, and same with the font and positioning isn't "Exact" - but hopefully can paint an idea. I also changed the hue of the blue used to be exactly what was used in AdvancedTomato.

Edit 2: At one point, the AdvancedTomato author was working on an auth page, but it was never implemented as the project was abandoned. Here's where this was discussed, and what it looked like - which is close to the one of the screenshots. I'm personally not the biggest fan of it, but it was a WIP, and it certainly would have been an improvement on the Tomato side of the firmware because they handle login through a browser prompt that takes your focus and not a login auth page.

1 Like

Here is where i have got to right now on devel branch

@boktai1000 As for login screen you edited in not so keen on that one doesn't look like it would be mobile friendly to me.

@davidc502 I have added the text to center commit for login screen to master.

Edit: Had to kill the devel branch (Lucky i made it) as i have broken the .css file oooooooppppps

4 Likes

My Input:
First off - by nature I believe in innovation - so that means not being a slave to the past but building on it. So, in general making a new unique theme for Dave's Builds would be my preference - with OpenWRT Branding and all of that.
Also - as an aside : by tinkering around - I have found a method to have OPENVPN and WIREGUARD both on one router - albeit you must switch between one or the other- you can not run both simultaneously. If anyone is interested in this setup - let me know - and I will write up a tutorial for implementing this Blended Install.
Peace

1 Like

Thanks for your input, devel branch is for messing with the coding of the theme even though everything is seeking like going one way it can go the other.

As for the OpenWRT Branding where would you like it to be?

Also as my knowledge expands on .CSS things will be better.

1 Like

First off this is a great build, I really appreciate all the effort everyone has put into these builds.

I was wondering if it might be possible to add a package to the list of preinstalled pacakges. Stangri has a great service called vpn-policy-routing & luci-app-vpn-policy-routing.

This service can be used to enable policy-based routing for L2TP, Openconnect, OpenVPN and Wireguard tunnels and WAN/WAN6 interfaces. Supports policies based on domain names, IP addresses and/or ports. Compatible with legacy (IPv4) and modern (IPv6) protocols.

Thanks

Hi David & others,

Two of my devices luci-ssl causes luci to be slow sometimes when trying to login etc it's not always the case just happends now and then it seems.

Version: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r9987-655fff1571 / LuCI Master (f138fc93)

I switched to:

• libustream-mbedtls
  • px5g-mbedtls
  • luci

And the interface works great again, I also reset my wrt1900acsv2 to defaults to see if there was a config issue but luci was still acting strange sometimes replacing luci-ssl with the above packages solved it. Any one else expierencing the same?

pssss, who ever created ATMaterial it's awesome the best interface i ever used on openwrt for sure!

More info about this issue:

Best Regards,

1 Like

Just wanted to hop in today to tell everyone contributing thank you for your work and all you do, and especially David for this wonderful firmware.

Looking forward to everything coming in the future, whatever it is that may be. It's exciting times, as exciting as a routers firmware can be anyways :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. What I see is luci taking a long time to respond to some clicks. I'm not talking about 10-15 seconds, it is more like 6 minutes. Something is wrong. I access my wrt1900acsV2 from my desktop running the latest version of Ubuntu Linux and the Chromium browser. Link is CAT6.

Is this the strange behavior you are talking about?

The following does not affect OpenWrt, but is still an interesting read.

1 Like

The only thing I did was install these two packages:

• libustream-mbedtls
  • px5g-mbedtls

I read where these are automatically used if installed. Now Luci is very responsive and operating as one would expect. Something is seriously wrong with something in the default setup.

davidc502 thank you so much for the firmware for WRT32X
How can I return stock? Force to flash through yours?

https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/linksys_wrt32x#return_to_stock_firmware

2 Likes

Why you looking to return to stock? I have a WRT32X too so just curious.

The Wiki has the information needed to return to stock firmware. It is actually fairly easy to do so, but should be done from command line.

https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/linksys_wrt1900ac#return_to_oem

2 Likes

Looks like i am now able to compile OpenWRT, with some help from @ParanoidZoid so building the ATLinksys theme (Aka ATmaterial devel theme) as well as firmware for WRT32X for now as i have messed with some settings so going to test it my end first firmware wise. Although theme will be linked up for people to test.

3 Likes

Dear solidus1983,
Hello and I hope that you are well. Glad to see that you are making progress with your project. Look I am far from an expert in the area you are working on. However, regarding the OpenWRT Branding for the theme that Dave ( I believe ) and I mentioned ( picking up on his suggestion ) - would it be possible to put this somewhere in the theme?

_______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M

This is what pops up when you ssh into the terminal as you well know. Maybe it can be scaled to an acceptable size and placed somewhere on the Status Page ( or elsewhere if anyone has a better suggestion ) You might even want to modify the graphics to read Davidc502 OpenWrt Snapshots - something like - below:

Davidc502 Snapshots
  _______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M

But naturally much more aesthetically pleasing - centered and all of that - and colored as deemed appropriate. Please by no means mention Linksys ( not that this was necessarily your intention ) because after all this is OpenWrt. Just thought I would throw my 25 cents in ( due to inflation ) - again - thanks for your hard work and dedication.
Peace and Grace Always Upon You

Dear Kykarjamba,
Hello and I hope that you are well. To return to Linksys Stock - you must have Linksys OEM Firmware installed on your alternate partition in the first place. So - when you are on Linksys Stock always reflash your router with Liinksys OEM Firmware before installing OpenWRT - as all of these routers that Dave supports have a rotating round robin installation process ( you will overwrite the other partition with each flash - this also applies if you do sysupgrade or install new firmware while on OpenWRT ). Here are the specific instructions: If you need to revert back to the other partition, do the following.
Enter ssh and determine which partition you are on
/usr/sbin/fw_printenv -n boot_part
The readout will be either 1 or 2
Then issue one of these commands picking the command that is the opposite of the partition you are currently in. For example if you are in partition 1 - then issue:
/usr/sbin/fw_setenv boot_part 2 && reboot
Do just the opposite - if you are in partition 2
/usr/sbin/fw_setenv boot_part 1 && reboot

Bonus:
Now if you ever get jammed up - two partitions - with no Linksys OEM Firmware on either partition - one with DD-WRT the other with OpenWRT - two with OpenWRT and so on - You can get back to Linksys OEM Firmware by doing the following .This example is for the WRT32X ( while in the OpenWRT partition ) - First go to the Linksys Support Download page for your router and copy the correct firmware download link to a text file. Please note that some routers have Version 1 and Version 2 of firmware - make sure you pick the correct one for your router. Once you have the download link for the latest Linksys OEM Firmware for your router follow these SSH instructions - remember this is for the WRT32X but will work for any of the routers Dave supports :
1 - Go into /tmp folder - cd /tmp
2 - download WRT32X Linksys OEM Firmware to your router via wget -
wget http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/firmware/FW_WRT32X_1.0.180404.58.img
3 - Go back into root - cd /root
4 - Finally, enter install command: You only need the FW_.img portion as it is the actual file
sysupgrade -F /tmp/FW_WRT32X_1.0.180404.58.img
Reboot the router - it normally reboots automatically - and wait for the installation to finish.
Once back on Linksys OEM Firmware - reset the router to defaults and flash with the Linksys OEM Firmware once again to make sure that you overwrite the other partition and have Linksys OEM Firmware on the alternate partition for the next time you install OpenWRT. Hope this helps. I only wrote this up because I have seen this question repeatedly asked - to save others headaches - and I am a retired Teacher.
Peace and Grace

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the help.

2 Likes

Dear Kykarjamba,
It was my pleasure and this is why we have a Davidc502 OpenWrt Forum after all. That being to assist one another and share our collective knowledge, expertise and experiences. Thanks for expressing your gratitude - your sentiments are more than enough of a reward for me.
Peace and God Bless

1 Like

Thanks again you are very kind.
Sincerely, Alexander

2 Likes