Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

That was it, the netbios support was not checked.. It is now, and will be available in the next build.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hello davidc502,

Have been using your firmware on my WRT32X for about 3 months, and let me tell you that you definitely are doing a great job.

Only issue I have been seeing is on the "Advanced Reboot" section, where we can pick from the 2 partitions we have available.
All I csn see on both partitions is "Unknown/Compressed", exactly as the picture below shows :

In my case, I have installed original Venom firmware on Partition 2, and your firmware at 1.

Curiously, I have made a test before, where I used the "Uboot" bin file from the WRT3200AC device, and after installing your firmware (had to use the WRT3200 file rather than WRT32X), everything was working good on this "Advanced Reboot" section.

My router was obviously being recognized as an 3200 unit, because I was using the Uboot from 3200, but again, everything was looking good.

So this issue only really affects your WRT32X firmware file. Do you have a clue why this is happening ?

Cheers, A.

It is deliberately coded that way by the developer of luci-app-advanced-reboot.

Thanks for proving me that. It makes sense now why it shows Unknown/Compressed on 32X, and not on 3200AC.

Was wondering what would happen if I make a small edition and remove that 3 lines ? Will it show correctly then ?

Maybe, seeing as you said that when you put in the uboot for the 3200ACM that it worked fine. In the end however, this is just a cosmetic issue. It's better to contact the maintainer (stangri) in a private message as to why it is coded this way for the WRT32X. But if I were to hazard a guess, it's because it's the only device in the Linksys series to have kernel-bin option in the cortex-a9.mk file. This may or may not obfuscate the string that this code in the Lua file is trying to read:

string.match(partition_one_label, '(Linux)-([%d|.]+)')

and

string.match(partition_two_label, '(Linux)-([%d|.]+)')

It’s already been discussed. It is non trivial for the wrt32x.

Interesting you bring up this point here, because I have been looking for deeper info and found this:

"Linksys WRT32X (Venom) is identical in hardware to the WRT3200ACM with a different flash layout and boots zImage rather than uImage."

Looks like the repo is able to extract the partition details from uImages, but not from zImages. This is why I can see both partitions information when using u-boot from 3200ACM and not with 32X

Thank you for proving that to me.
Actually have been searching the whole topic for anyone facing same issue and sadly did not find your message before.
As I mentioned on last message, I believe problem is regarding to the use of zImage rather than uImage.
Have read the other topic where the maintainer "stangri" mention that can not figure out how to fix that for 32X's.
But after looking at someone's else question that you bring up on your message, looks like it is possible to do:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37672417/getting-kernel-version-from-the-compressed-kernel-image/37689814#37689814

Right, of course it’s possible, just not easy.
If you look at how the rest of the plugin is made, it is all simple byte reading with offsets. This would require a more complex solution.

If someone can make one that works and is easily injectable into the existing code base (or if not possible, suggested alternatives) I’m sure he would be happy to include it.

Yeah you are right. I am not too much confortable on Linux, but maybe a friend of mine is able to sort this out for us. Need to check this out with him.

Those instructions can easily be converted into a one-liner, but I tried the steps on the zImage for WRT32X and unlzma complained unlzma: piggy.lzma: File format not recognized. Need to dig deeper.

Will this and this help at all?

(I just ran binwalk -Me against the .img files, I believe the decimal column can be used as dd offsets but I haven't really tried that yet)

Hi david how are you today. Hope being always fine

I need to ask you About:
Are *.img files will be installed by sysupgrade and configuration files will be saved also? Like *.bin files

Thanks.

Hello @herik

As long as you have the check box selected "Keep Setting", then yes.

However, I encourage you to use sysupgrade because it does "wear leveling" for the flash memory.

Hey @davidc502.. I checked the logs when the disconnect happened and this is what sticks out...

Fri Mar 29 14:54:13 2019 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: interface state DFS->ENABLED
Fri Mar 29 14:54:13 2019 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-ENABLED

Is this what you and the other people were referring to for this symptom?

I don't recall right off, but will test over this weekend and see.

Appreciate the info though. Seems someone on Kaloz's site for mwlwifi did a really good job of explaining and troubleshoot the heck out of it, so hopefully there will be a fix soon.

1 Like

Thank you very much Mr David
I reflashed my 2 routers wrt1200 by img file
They are now more stable thanks...

1 Like

Yeah looks like it's not that kinda easy, but appreciate for all efforts.
Looking for the "ParanoidZoid" response, have you already tried to use include that info ?

Good usefull info indeed.
For this case, we would only need to testing those 2 lines for Linux version, right ?

7307372 0x6F806C Linux kernel version "4.14.105 (davidc502@pc2) (gcc version 7.4.0 (OpenWrt GCC 7.4.0 r9614-b61495409b)) #0 SMP Thu Mar 14 21:55:06 2019"

4998708 0x4C4634 Linux kernel version "4.4.14 (jenkins@ip-10-226-178-37) (gcc version 5.3.0 (OpenWrt GCC 5.3.0 50140) ) #4 SMP Wed Apr 4 18:23:44 UTC 2018"

@YaM_PT5 -
when you flashed the wrt3200 uboot to your wrt32x, did you change anything in the environment variables, or in mtd1 (u-env) or mtd4 (devinfo)?