Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

@directnupe
No, sadly I did not find yours. Looks pretty good. However the whole thing made me become decent at configuring OpenWRT, so I guess that is a good thing! Thanks for your write-up. I do appreciate people who do such things. It helps a lot. Thanks!!!

To close my initial thread. With David's latest build on my WRT1200ac, and using Private Internet Access as my VPN provider, I get much better throughput then what I was getting with a similar setup with dd-wrt. Very happy with the result. Also thank you @davidc502 for the builds. Glad I found you all.

2 Likes

Regarding kernel 4.19, I've been running it for almost 3 months now on my Rango's without any issues at all. Currently I'm on 4.19.30.

nitroshift

2 Likes

Currently just seems to be the usual problem child(mamba) has an issue with 4.19, although it would be nice to see another data-point on this device.

I have been using 4.19 for more than a month and there are no problems.
From the positive, it seems changed the thermal profile of the processor, it has become less hot.

Is this in reference to use of the 4,19PR specifically on a mamba device, so you are not experiencing this issue? If so, I guess mine has reached EOL.

Edit: forget that ^^^, I couldn't remember what kind of device you had, but me thinks it is a mamba, thanks, and I will go check over there.

@davidc502
Switched from dnscrypt-proxy v1 to v2. Thanks to your script it was very easy.
I'm just not happy with the default config and I would like to use my old dns servers (+1 for ipv6).
How would I do that?

In the config (dnscrypt-proxy.toml) I changed ipv6_servers = true and block_ipv6 = false as my device is also reachable through ipv6 via Dynamic DNS service.
After /etc/init.d/dnscrypt-proxy restart I'm able to resolve IPv6 sites over cloudflares dns server but I don't know how to get my old servers back (they are both listed at: https://dnscrypt.info/public-servers/).
Any advice?

I'm not sitting behind the router to check this... but in the .toml file you will see a line with the current Cloudflare servers. You should be able to replace cloudflare with your servers and restart the service. From that point forward it should use the DNS servers you want.

1 Like

A follow up on SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE.
Getting this error when I generate my cert using this command: ''openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 730 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout uhttpd.key -out uhttpd.crt -config myconfig.conf''.

If I use LUCI / UHTTPD, the error dissappear.
Weird but I can live with it :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. I still haven't figured out on how to add a second dnscrypt proxy instance, like i had with v1...

edit: I figured it out. So if you want to add multiple DNS servers, it should look like this:
server_names = ['server1', 'server2', 'server3']
Happy to be on the v2 track for now, everything is working pretty well right now. Hopefully there will be a Luci-app for v2 one day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why there is no nmbd (netbios name server) in the samba4-server package?

@AddRemover

Will take a look at the build packages tonight and see if it is a case of just not being selected.

Comparing:
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt%2Fopenwrt.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=mwlwifi

and: https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/commits/master

Looks like there were a couple minor changes to mwlwifi, hopefully OpenWrt updates there's before 19.03 release hits.

I've never gone in and tried, but bet anyone can commit that change. Would have to be approved, but if it is standard stuff would probably be no problem.

@anomeome Submitted a pull request for it 24 days ago, yet to still be merged.

That was it, the netbios support was not checked.. It is now, and will be available in the next build.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hello davidc502,

Have been using your firmware on my WRT32X for about 3 months, and let me tell you that you definitely are doing a great job.

Only issue I have been seeing is on the "Advanced Reboot" section, where we can pick from the 2 partitions we have available.
All I csn see on both partitions is "Unknown/Compressed", exactly as the picture below shows :

In my case, I have installed original Venom firmware on Partition 2, and your firmware at 1.

Curiously, I have made a test before, where I used the "Uboot" bin file from the WRT3200AC device, and after installing your firmware (had to use the WRT3200 file rather than WRT32X), everything was working good on this "Advanced Reboot" section.

My router was obviously being recognized as an 3200 unit, because I was using the Uboot from 3200, but again, everything was looking good.

So this issue only really affects your WRT32X firmware file. Do you have a clue why this is happening ?

Cheers, A.

It is deliberately coded that way by the developer of luci-app-advanced-reboot.

Thanks for proving me that. It makes sense now why it shows Unknown/Compressed on 32X, and not on 3200AC.

Was wondering what would happen if I make a small edition and remove that 3 lines ? Will it show correctly then ?

Maybe, seeing as you said that when you put in the uboot for the 3200ACM that it worked fine. In the end however, this is just a cosmetic issue. It's better to contact the maintainer (stangri) in a private message as to why it is coded this way for the WRT32X. But if I were to hazard a guess, it's because it's the only device in the Linksys series to have kernel-bin option in the cortex-a9.mk file. This may or may not obfuscate the string that this code in the Lua file is trying to read:

string.match(partition_one_label, '(Linux)-([%d|.]+)')

and

string.match(partition_two_label, '(Linux)-([%d|.]+)')