Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Hi David,
I got a brand new WRT32X , Im currently using a TPLINK AC3150 (Very good router)
I'm just wondering would the WRT32X be much of an improvement on the TPLINK running LEDE venom
Would I see much of a difference with speed or would the main improvement be the optional packages?
Id have about 20 wireless and and maybe 4 wired clients with a guest network.
Thanks for your advice
T

It is hard to say... From a wired Ethernet perspective there shouldn't be any difference. However, wifi will vary as it might be better or poorer depending.

If OEM firmware is running on the TPLink then yes, LEDE has many optional packages to choose from.

Congratulations of the 32X! It's an amazing platform, and I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Just got a WRT32X too (beautiful looking router btw). Grabbed a refurb off Amazon, going to setup davidc502's latest build this weekend. Struggled between that and the R7800 but went this way in the end.

Have had a R7000 DD-WRT as my main setup for years, it's been great, but wanted something new for OpenWrt. Sadly I get the feeling it won't work as well overall because mvebu and mwlwifi support doesn't seem as strong at the moment. We'll see soon though :slight_smile:

David et al,

My Adblock sources looks really funky in LuCI whether I go in through Safari or Chrome (See below). Its almost unusable with this interface. Any idea why this is a problem and how I could correct it?

Thanks
Slim

adblock_sources

It's been that way for at least the last 10 SNAPSHOT builds kicked out by the BuildBot. There are a few other cosmetic differences: the Available Memory status bars are much shorter, the Installed Packages & Available Packages tabs are swapped, etc...
Also, I couldn't upgrade any packages via SSH. The command just didn't work.
I figured it was limited to the WRT32X, but if I remember correctly you have a 1900ACS so it must be something else.

The 18.06 SNAPSHOTS are working very well. Although I haven't tried the one released yesterday.

Have a look here: https://forum.openwrt.org/t/adblock-support-thread/507/445

The temporary solution is essentially to use the current 3.5.3 backend with the slightly older luci frontend until (if) the fix is backported.

That's a bug in current material theme (ticket see here). As a workaround use openwrt or bootstrap theme.

Wild, thank you. Now please forgive me the relatively newbie question, how do I swap the luci frontend to the previous 3.5.2 version? Is the older luci font end "luci-app-adblock_git-18.180.55209-4ba85e3-1_all.ipk" within the downloads of the link referred to in the adblock thread?

Thanks again.

That doesn't help - davids build is already a snapshot build. The problem linked in the adblock thread is only a valid workaround for 18.x users.

Ah, I thought I could replace the luci adblock package included with david's build "luci-app-adblock - git-18.180.54297-1a36f03-1" with another version which would solve the adblock luci interface issue. I gather it is not quite that straightforward?

As I wrote before, it's a bug in the material theme in current snapshots, just use bootstrap or openwrt theme.

dibdot, thanks. I am relatively new to OpenWRT, although I used DD-WRT for a couple years. I didn't realize I could change themes, but now that I have done so it addresses the issue with the adblock interface. Thanks for the patience towards a relatively new user.

Problems with Luci -- For example, I've tried adding a vlan to Material, bootstrap, and Openwrt, and none of them work. The work around is to create a vlan manually via command line.

To try bootstrap, all you have to do is remove luci-app-material.

Everyone just hang on a while longer and it will be fixed by the developers. Too bad QA hasn't been a little better as issues like this would have been caught prior to release. Another problem is some of these issues have been going on for more than a few weeks, so fixing known issues is going a bit slow. On the positive, I see these types of complications less and less over time which is good.

Dear Dave & Community,
Hello and I hope that all is well with everyone. Does anyone here ( or elsewhere ) know how to setup luci-app-acme acme - let's encrypt with duckdns. It has driven me crazy as I find little to no documentation. The " well known challenge" is where everything hangs. I tried to use Neilpang but all to no avail. https://github.com/Neilpang/acme.sh/wiki/How-to-run-on-OpenWRT
So, if I am not too far off topic - I sure would appreciate all the help I can get - preferably step by step instructions.
Thanks in advance and God Bless In Peace,

directnupe

First you have to install the acme-dnsapi package

opkg install acme-dnsapi

Then issue certificate with this command:

DuckDNS_Token="your_token" /usr/lib/acme/acme.sh --issue -d your.domain --dns dns_duckdns

You can locate the certificate and key files in ./.acme.sh/your.domain/, in uHTTPd settings point the certificate and key path to them respectively

Btw, there is a ongoing performance issue with the Marvel Open Source driver and Intel AC8260 adapters.
So if your Notebook has an Intel 8260 wifi card you can check out the following thread @github: https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/307

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, it already cost me two days with testings to make sure my wifi card or my WRT3200acm isn't faulty... :confused:

Damm, I knew it was not just me :slight_smile:

Saludos,
Mariano

As pointed out on github there was a recent fix for the 9260s in the Linksys firmware. Hopefully there can be a similar fix with the 8260s etc. I'm not using either of those chipsets currently and wifi is working very well on my WRT32X with both Linksys firmware and OpenWrt (Davidc502 build).

Yeah, hopefully yuhhaurlin will be able to fix it...
A Dell notebook with Qualcomm QCA61x4A AC wifi also works fine with the latest driver, for me it's just the Intel 8260 adapter having these kind of problems.

The latest official Linksys firmware works fine with the Intel 8260 wifi but i haven't bought the device to use it with official firmware! :wink:

1 Like

Omg, nevermind, found the faq page.

Hey, somewhat of a noob question, but if I want to try this build on my wrt3200acm and I'm running 17.01.4 now, do I install the sysupgrade.bin or the factory.img file version? And what are the manifest and seed files, anything I need? Thanks. I really hope the new version improves some issues I'm having on the 5ghz band.

I'm looking here btw:

https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/releases/#3200acm