Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Thanks for the reply but the light is not the issue, I just want to save the LEDs for future use. Tape does not solve that issue.

In the past I have had same issues. After a lot of time of test and error I figured out that sonoff devices wifi chips (flashed with tasmota firmware) needs a clean wifi environment. So be shure to select fixed channels configuration to work in (those less used in your area) and the most important, if you have more than one wifi ap/router sharing the same ssid be shure to use different channels for each of them.

I saw that 18.06.2 just dropped recently. Are there any major changes from that build that would be making it's way into the next Davidc502 release, or have those all been incorporated into the snapshots?

Maybe a better question is- what sort of major changes/features/fixes/etc have the Davidc502 builds had over time, and what is the best way to track them and compare feature/fix parity with official builds?

Thanks!

Hi. I've got the WRT1900ACSV2 and flashed the router with the latest Davidc502 openWRT firmware from stock (01-25-19). When setting up wireless, I could set 5Ghz TX Power to 30dbm however I could only set the 2.4Ghz TX power to 20dbm (using 00 - World option). DDwrt firmware allowed me to set it to 30dbm on the 2.4Ghz range. Is it possible to set 2.4Ghz to 30dbm on openWRT?

Second question: Under the SQM, I could not find the option 'cake' under Queueing Discipline though 'Piece of Cake' option can be found in Queue Setup script. How can I get the cake option?

Thanks for your help! My first time using OpenWRT coming from DDwrt.

The power controls are meaningless for both 2,4 and 5ghz as power is completely controled by the router. I consider them dummy controls as they do nothing.

Im afraid I have not worked with cake. Hopefully someone with experience will respond.

You can do it using direct gpio access.
Some leds can be controlled using /sys/devices/platform/gpio-leds (medium-level, but you can override driver settings there), and all of them can be directly controlled using /sys/class/leds.

You can read this article to understand the principle - https://medium.com/openwrt-iot/lede-openwrt-disabling-your-leds-5eaf51735ff1

LAN leds are also can be controlled trough options in /etc/config/networks, see example here - [solved] Disable LAN an WAN leds, but keeping WLAN leds

So, just create a script filling led pins with zero and run it at startup and change network config. Should be enough.

Unfortunately, after FCC squeeze driver's developers, you can only set the country supported in mtd, and can't change it. Using 00 as a country made a lot of mess in wireless, so better avoid it. Check you mtd, then use one of the countries supported. Or just try US - they have 30 at 2.4

@boktai1000 See posts 438 and 440 in this topic. Quoting myself:

I can,t speak for David, but his builds are from the trunk so they are ahead of the official builds. New builds are released when new commits are made that would result with a benefit for the effort a new build.
Quoting David:

Yes, this is generally the case, + the additional tweaks, latest wifi drivers, etc...

1 Like

Gotcha! Appreciate the response, and apologies for a bit of a duplicate question. New to the forums here, and the search / scroll of the forums throws me for a bit of a loop.

Have a good one!

Thanks, will give it a try.

Hi David,

did the thermal logging in stats/graph displays get fixed in the latest build? I remember they were broken in the previous one.

It not broken, it's just absent in default config. Latest release too.
Just install collectd-mod-sensors and enjoy.

1 Like

so I installed it and I still don't have graphs (at all.. I don't even have the system load graphs)

I'm running the previous build, not the present one.

Question.. I have a WRT1900ACv1 that just died. RIP she was a great router! Anyway, I want to replace it with a WRT1900ACS. After flashing the proper image, can I simply restore my settings and be back in business or do I need to re-configure everything from scratch?

If I need to re-configured everything, might it be better to go for the 3200ACM? I want to stick with David's builds...

//Brew

I did a full vanilla install of the latest build and after adding the collectd-mod-sensors everything is back to normal.

when are you going to include this and the dnscrypt-proxy2 config to the default install? upgrading firmware has now become a multi-step process in order to get everything working.

1 Like

They’re different cpu’s And network/wireless configs. Restoring would be asking for trouble in my opinion.

If it was a 1900ac v2 you might have got away with it.

Turns out... my router totally reset sometime over night and lost it's mind.. No idea why. I re-flashed and restored my settings and it's all good now!

//Brew

Did you enable this plugins in Statistics-Setup-General plugins? Did you have a tab with this name?

I update from ACv1 to 3200 this way.... And got some issues.

First, check wifi adapter paths - it can different between models.
Second, this guys put some hardware config files into backup (crazy, but it is) - so, most probably, you can't update firmware anymore, until you put right fw_env.config into /etc (for example)

So yes, you can restore backup, but there are some dragons living here. Do it after hardware config files backup and then you know, what you doing.

yes and no.

I think it's something to do with the theme, once I got the graphs working, I left it alone and then the next time I checked, they had disappeared again. After I rebooted the router they came back again.

I also have issues with the way dynamic text on the page is displayed, sometimes it appears underneath the sidebar and I have to resize the screen in order to be able to read what it says.