Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

power switch method should work, or you can use sysupgrade.
advanced-reboot app will likely not work.

Got it,
Thanks!

I don't have WRT32X (Hannu, if you can get Imre to send me one, that'd be great ;)) and I'm still yet to receive confirmation that the changes I've made to the package hosted at my repo are working on WRT32X.

1 Like

Thansk David . So, as I'm updating your distro with the latest LEDE packages, did I overwrite the latest drivers you've included in your build with older ones you mean?

@stangri:
neither davidc, mainstream, or your version below show two partitions on wrt32x / OpenWrt 18.06.0-rc1 r7090:
git-18.163.61042-b5a4..0b5
git-18.180.55209-4ba8..-27

thank you for instructions on your personal github pages on how to add your repos to openwrt software config.

I'm having trouble installing jamvm on a wrt 3200acm via Luci. I get the error:

Installing jamvm (2.0.0-1) to root...
Downloading https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r7360/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages/jamvm_2.0.0-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk
Collected errors:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for jamvm:
  • classpath *

I'm running the latest version
Lede SNAPSHOT r7360-e15565a01c / LuCI Master (git-18.180.54297-1a36f03)

Sorry if it's a noob question. Help appreciated!

Hi, I just installed the lastest version in a wrt1900acs and I don't find the packages corresponding to transmission torrent client. Am I doing something wrong? thanks in advance

Sorry bati, Transmission is not included in the build. You can download it from the daily lede snapshot repo if you want it.

Hi David, what happened on this last build? It's like some css are missing.

Annotation

I've noticed for well over a month now that Luci is being worked on again. I don't believe that there is a formatting issue, but just a case of incomplete work... Well, hopefully it doesn't stay like that.

1 Like

Hi dividebyzero,

Could you solve the issue with Privoxy? I have a similar issue and also with the recent r7360 build the issue remains. Looking at the logs, it looks like there is an address conflict:

Mon Jun 18 18:43:09 2018 user.err igmpproxy[6159]: MC-Router API already in use; Errno(98): Address in use

But I was not able to resolve that issue. Has anyone a suggestion? The issue only started with r7200, before that it was never an issue to setup privoxy.

Thank you for checking. Could you please confirm what kind of message do you get on the Advanced Reboot page with version git-18.163.61042-b5a43cf-30b5?

I'm glad that this is not just my install / config
Privoxy has always been simple enough once you know the settings address:8118
and then make sure any device browser goes to Port 8118 instead of Port 80
I'm going to sit tight until the bumps in the build are fixed.

Does Anyone "in the know" understand how to compile Privoxy package with FEATURE_COMPRESSION so options "Enable Compression" and "Compression Level" are usable? Yes, I would love to do this myself. Maybe David could include Privoxy (with compression / dependencies) in a LEDE build?

@stangri -
same message as prior build:
Advanced Reboot

Warning: This system does not have two partitions!

This text is not even a part of the newer build.

Are you sure you're getting this with the latest build from my repo?

1 Like

latest build git-18.163.61042-b5a43cf-30b5 is working on latest Davidc502 on the wrt32x ,display text is this:
1 Alternative Unknown/Compressed Reboot to Alternative Partiion....
2 Current Unknown/Compressed Reboot to Current Partition

1 Like

@stangri -
thank you for persisting. it works!
even though i removed the prior package, updated sources, and reinstalled your latest, i had to reboot the router to get your verssion working.
currently-installed version: https://github.com/stangri/openwrt-repo/blob/master/luci-app-advanced-reboot_git-18.184.32851-8ca29ef-31_all.ipk
this is the result now:

Advanced Reboot

Linksys WRT32X Partitions
Partition Status Firmware/OS (Kernel) Action
1 Current Unknown/Compressed
2 Alternative Unknown/Compressed

is there something i should have done short of rebooting to get your module working?
thank you!

1 Like

I've read a lot on here and other forums and there seems to be some confusion, it seems early on the WRT32x would not load the image via the GUI, which at first was using the acm version as the hardware is similar.
Can I ask if the latest Davidc502 factory image loads fine through the linksys webGUI or do we have to still do it via the serial TTL ? i.e. can i just load it on a new WRT32x through the GUI ?
EDIT: looks like it was solved, found this thread: linksys-install

Dear bhlc,
I had noticed the same problem you mention - i.e. - but I still see request from network clients connecting to google DNS.
See my guides here ( for better legibility / readability ): https://torguard.net/forums/index.php?/topic/1374-adding-dns-over-tls-support-to-openwrt-lede-with-unbound/ and on this Lede Forum here: Adding DNS-Over-TLS support to OpenWrt (LEDE) with Unbound
From my guide / tutorial - the fix is here ( near the bottom ) :slight_smile:

Parallel DNSMASQ /etc/config/dhcp
After Some Reflection and Observations - Fine Tuning Your DNS Resolver
After reading System Logs I realized that there is a need to amend DNSMASQ ( DHCP ) after implementing option noresolv ‘1’ in /etc/config/dhcp configuration file. This dawned on me from my years of running DNSCRYPT Proxy on OpenWrt. I referred to this guide:

Go to this section near bottom of page.
Use specific DNS server to lookup one or more host names

https://www.leowkahman.com/2016/05/23/openwrt-encrypted-dns-lookup-using-multiple-dnscrypt-servers/

option noresolv ‘1’ is to prevent using any upstream DNS server other than those specified in this file # this file being: /etc/config/dhcp

Solution is as follows add these four lines to /etc/config/dhcp:

nano /etc/config/dhcp - enter these lines before / option domain ‘yourdomain’

list server '127.0.0.1#5453' # Stubby/Unbound Default Address/Port
list server '/pool.ntp.org/84.200.69.80' # DNS WATCH SECURE
option noresolv ‘1’ # Make sure to change this as indicated
option allservers '1'

After you complete all the steps in this tutorial and restart your Router Check Status > System Log - You will find an entry like the one below:
daemon.info dnsmasq[8532]: using nameserver 127.0.0.1#5453 - which indicates that your OpenWrt Router is using Unbound and Stubby for Encrypted DNS Resolution

I suggest that you read one of the tutorials at the links on the top of my reply.

Peace and God Bless,

directnupe

Dear slim0287,
Take a look at the following guides: https://torguard.net/forums/index.php?/topic/1374-adding-dns-over-tls-support-to-openwrt-lede-with-unbound/
It is for DNS OVER TLS - This method combines Unbound (as a caching proxy) and Stubby (as fully featured TLS forwarder).
I run GETDNS and STUBBY with Unbound DNS and Dnsmasq for DHCP. You also can leave out GETDNS and STUBBY see here: https://blog.grobox.de/2018/what-is-dns-privacy-and-how-to-set-it-up-for-openwrt/
Just follow this : Proper Setup For New Native Unbound DNS-Over-TLS Feature Starting With UNBOUND 1.7.1

Peace and God Bless,

directnupe