D-Link DIR-2660 rev A1 Not Working After Successful Upgrade

Thanks Pico,
Probably I have to tune WiFi hard way to get reasonably good internet speed for clients at least not lagging for the speed I’m paying.
If I connect laptop to LAN port of main isp router , speed test shows between 800-900 Mbps.
I couldn’t get even half of the wired speed for WLAN clients.
What are more powerful HW available, so that upgrade could be considered.
You know these days work and schooling is behind these home routers. It looks like router is clogging.

Hi @Lucky1 i have seen this thread because i have the same issue, i got my router bricked but finally i found one of your bin so with this i could recover it http://luckys.onmypc.net/openwrt/DIR-2660/DIR2660A1_FW104B03.bin but has an administrator password which is???

On the other hand with any of openwrt gives me the same result, sussesfull flashing but no reboot and finally i have to manually restart so the router restart with some blinks on the orange light and finally keeps with an a white light on the power led.

I have the DIR-2660 A1 bought on spain.

Thanks

the d-link password is what ever you set it to last time
so use the reset button and factory reset the d-link firmware
there is a chance that some of the early versions
don't work with newer web browsers
I had to use internet explorer last time as Firefox would keep looping "DIR-878"

as for openwrt the orange flashing led is usually writing firmware
I think while powering up it flashes the power led white
but when booted the power led is solid white
so seem like its booted ok
make sure you have an openwrt with luci "web interface" or "NOT snapshot"
make sure you return your network interface to dhcp as the ip rage will change
as openwrt is 192.168.1.1 where dlink is 192.168.0.1
make sure you network interface gets an IP in the 192.168.1.x range
you should now be able to logon to luci at 192.168.1.1

1 Like

could you post a link to the OpenWRT firmware file that you used when bricking the 2660?

yeahh!!! you where right i feel like an idiot XD i didnt remember to change the interface IP to 192.168.1.x, with that i could connect, i was thinking was bricked because the solid white and no other light was turned on

Thank you @Lucky1

1 Like