D-Link DIR-2660 A2 - Factory install

Perfect :slightly_smiling_face:, thanks Lucky :+1:, I installed version 22.03.0-rc1 mediante sysupgrade through the OpenWRT interface.

1 Like

Can you or @beatbox comment how is the performance of DIR-2660 A2 with openwrt v22 builds. Is the wireless stable and giving good throughput? any issues?
Thinking of buying this as my primary router for openwrt

@abe786 Honestly, I have not been able to test it thoroughly, so I could not give a clear opinion :neutral_face:, since it is not my main router.

2 Likes

ok thanks, pls update when you do get a chance to test it

2 Likes

I have the DIR-1960 same but 1 less USB port
I would not buy one for this intent
the MT7621 switch has problems hoping that V22 fixes this part
as they needed a new kernel that is not in V21

with the MT7615N wifi is still not usable to me
& since there is only work going on with the newer AX MT7915 chip
I don't hold out much hope https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/commits/master
I have an EA8100 DIR-1950 & DIR-878 they all act the same
and are bad compared to my other with Qualcomm Atheros QCA9980 wifi chipsets
I recommend getting a device with that wifi chipset

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed response. Will stick with my netgear r6220 then. Openwrt is good on that one, however router wifi range is not that great.

the R6220 has the same switch
I had no problems under the V19 editions
but in V21 has problems with my switch
the wifi did seem to work ok back on V19
it at lest didn't leave my devices still thinking they are connected to nothing

ok I see, well i'm not much using switch part except combing two wan connections using mwan3. There I don't see much problems, maybe its due to my WAN speeds for both connection combined top out at 150mbps

1 Like

oh sorry I was not very clear
it's the interaction of it's internal switch has problems with external switches "24 port dlink thing"
it's probably fine direct to pc's
there is some power saving modes with pause & resume type stuff it just falls apart

1 Like

Hello buyed the dir 2660 and waiting to recieve this week.

Can i install openwrt 21.02.3 using the info in the post, and then normall upgrade to openwrt 22.x.x via luci?

Sorry me english is not so good.

Thanks anyway!

Hello how is working somedays using it with openwrt 22?

I intend to do the same when i recive this week the router.

Want to know if works fine, the router is not for heavy use

do it the other way:
install 22.xx rc-release using the dlink specific emergency recover feature, then only if the result feels unstable for you, downgrade to 21 by using the openwrt-specific β€žsysupgradeβ€œ function.

reason for this suggestion: your device hardware version has an emergency recover feature that likely depends on a specific firmware file header that is not included in the 21-release, but is included in 22. The openwrt sysupgrade-function does not need that header, but first you need to get openwrt on your device, such that sysupgrade can be used.

1 Like

i will tell you my opinion, it have good hardware for an average user. but i'm facing an issue from 21.02.2. in WiFi i'm facing packet-loss. even in latest snapshot the issue is there. there is no other issue with the router for me.

1 Like

Finally installed v 22 rc 3 installled correctly. For now appears to works good.

Thanks for help!

how is the performance till now?

Very good but i use it a few moments at day, sono heavy use or so.

But for me works very well.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.