D-Link 2750B ver.B1: ART backup needed

Hi all, I've an old router D-Link DSL2750B ver. B1 that I'd like to use with OpenWrt.
I tried the fw openwrt-19.07.7-brcm63xx-generic-DSL274XB-F1-squashfs-cfe-EU and everything worked at first, then I tried to flash another fw and the wifi stopped working. It seems that I've messed up the ART partition so I'd need a working backup of this one to recalibrate it and restore the wireless, could anyone help me?

Hw spec infos: http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki/D-Link_DSL-2750B_rev_B1

Thanks in advance.

I've clarified your title and moved it to another forum section, the Projects etc. section is for stuff you've made and share with the community, not for stuff you're looking for.

Hope someone can help you out.

1 Like

OK @Borromini thank you, hoping someone has an ART backup to use

doing a google research with `art.zip ar9287' gives the following link:

Maybe in the absence of better, give those ARTs a try?

Can you tell me please which steps to do ? I never did anything like this before.

I suppose you can access the router and have downloaded the 'to-be-tested' ar9287_art.bin

(win)scp ar9287_art.bin to /tmp

opkg update
	opkg install kmod-mtd-rw
	insmod mtd-rw i_want_a_brick=1
	mtd write ar9287_art.bin art
	firstboot
	reboot

here I suppose that the ART partition is called art, this is what is called with my TP-link routers, I don't know what is called with D-Link but you can issue cat /proc/mtd
to see that actual partition name.

2 Likes

@donluca87 In your case it would be cal_data instead of art. So:

# mtd write ar9287_art.bin cal_data

No need for firstboot here, wifi config or wifi reconf should suffice.

2 Likes

Bingo!
The first attempt went fine and now it works again, thank you very much buddy, you made my day :slight_smile: and I've learned something new.

btw on my device "art" is called "cal_data"

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.