Custom image building

Hello all,
I have a TL-WR703N and i want to customize a image with the packages depending on my requirement.I tried building the image as specified in the "Quick image building guide".
It generated the "openwrt-15.05.1-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin" and
"openwrt-15.05.1-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" file for the first time command, after that if i add or remove the packages these two files are not getting updated.
Please can any one suggest me the correct procedure to customize the image.
Thanks in advance

1. 15.x is no longer supported

2. Please show the exact guide and exact steps which did not work.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I followed the following procedure
git clone https://github.com/openwrt/chaos_calmer.git
cd chaos_clamer
make
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a
make menuconfig
make

For the first "make" command it generated the System upgrade and Factory bin files. After adding the packages with "make menuconfig" and l tried to build the image with "make" command but it is not updating the image files.

Always builds new image files... on supported versions, unless there are errors shown.... did the "make" command actually run correctly?

Did the "make" command actually run correctly?

Yes. I tried with Make -j1 V=s command and there were no errors after build complete. Before updating the packages through the menuconfig, I tried with the default packages and the make -j1 V=s command built new images, but after enabling additional packages through menuconfig and running make -j1 V=s command didn't update the image.

I will not be able to use the new version as my custom scripts are written for Chaos_calmer 15.05.1. We also have custom web pages which is developed on php5 and in the newer version of Openwrt php7 is supported and our web pages won't run and have to modify the scripts and web pages.

Thanks,
Rashmi

If you are just adding packages, and not changing other build-time options, then you can use the Image Builder instead. It works much faster than building from source, and it has less potential for errors.

PHP 5.x has reached end of life upstream:

Users of this release should upgrade as soon as possible, as they may be exposed to unpatched security vulnerabilities.

Neither php.net nor OpenWrt provide security fixes for this old PHP. You should plan for porting your custom web pages to a newer, supported PHP version.

1 Like

Time to update.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.