Creating Guest Wifi but it's not working unless I have nodogsplash installed

So I just purchased an Archer A7/C7 for a restaurant for my friend. He wants me to set up his wifi so there will be a dedicated network for the restaurant devices (iPad and servers) and guests.

I followed this guide

I can access the internet perfectly fine on the private network but nothing on the guest network.

Attached are pictures of the things that I configured, everything else was untouched. I'm not a sysadmin, but I know how to read guides really well. Can you guys help troubleshoot my issue?

Since I'm a new user, I have posted the images on IMGUR

Update here:

When I install nodogsplash for the guest interface, the internet magically works. I do not actually want nodogsplash though, is there a way to fix it without installing nodogsplash?

Your Firewall picture shows that you have a rule for Guest -> Lan which you don't want.
You want one Guest -> Wan similar to the Lan Rule.

Screenshot from 2020-10-25 15-39-05

2 Likes

Great! It worked. If I want to setup another SSID that can communicate with my private devices, would I set the firewall to forward to both wan and lan?

Unless you want Firewall control between that SSID and your LAN you would just bridge it to your LAN

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.