CPE COMFAST CF-E110N won't work after downgrade

I have two COMFAST e110n devices ... when I switch to a bridge mode or AP mode the IP home address did not work (192.168.10.1) whereas with router mode it worked... for this reason I tried to download a firmware from the official website (http://en.comfast.com.cn/download/FirmwareUpgrade/item-..." target="_blank">) ...
this version is older than what I had (V2.3.1.6 and now V2.3.1.2) ... and things get worst now because after some Attempts to solve the problem with the IP ... the signal light won't turn on again only the power light is on Also Bridge mode and AP mode won't work ....
I tried with the reset and reset factory it didn't work.
plz anyone can help me with the older firmware maybe it will turn back ... I have the other one which still with the 2.3.1.6 version (if I can extract the firmware from it)https://scontent.fnbe1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/41438407_1856316117767318_3001061986663399424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=03d6edeccb14b9f2859cde42a5899634&oe=5C2EB8DF

OpenWrt doesn't appear to support your router (see the Table of Hardware at https://openwrt.org/toh/start?dataflt[Brand*~]=comfast) so I don't think we will be able to help.

Perhaps you can contact Comfast tech support to get your router working the way you want.

I bought them from Aliexpress website... I contact the seller and the official store also I posted my problem on the forum... and their big problem, they don't have any contact email. I found this on the Chinese website but no one replied (Comfast@szcomfast.com).
Please, have you any idea to back up the firmware from one and put it to the other because the device with the original firmware at least does the work.

I'am using several ComFast E110N v2 for over a year very successfully with LEDE/OpenWrt software. However they use the E320 v2 version, as this model has the same hardware, except the LEDs.

First of all: the Comfast AP's have the typical Chinese software 'solution' which doesn't work for me. My recently bought E355ac V2 didn't even show the factory GUI at all ;-((

In my factory new E110N-v2's I could successfully flash the OpenWrt firmware via the factory GUI. Because the Comfast factory firmware is already OpenWrt based, an upgrade version will do the job.

Does the factory GUI not show up, or was a previous flash faulty, you can flash firmware (both factory files and OpenWrt) via TFTP.

Rename the firmware in firmware_auto.bin.
Place the firmware on your TFTP-server, address 192.168.1.10
Connect the E110 via his WAN port (as labeled by ComFast) with the TFTP-server.
Power up the E110.
The E110N looks during boot at both ethernetports for firmware on the TFTP server (as do other Comfasts), but by using the WAN port, wich becomes the LAN port after flashing LEDE/OpenWrt, you have access at once to Luci (at 192.168.1.1)
Do not power down/power up the AP before disconnecting the TFTP-server - otherwise the process repeats!

As said, I have flashed several E110N-v2 successfully with the LEDE/OpenWrt firmware originally built for the Comfast E320 V2. LAN and WAN ports are reversed and the LEDs don't work all correctly - but who cares?

The E110N-v2 seems to offer more tx-power than advertised: after choosing 'auto' for tx-power some models read out 25 dBm or even 26 dBm in the GUI - even with the same firmware. Field tests have proven that selecting 25/26 dBm in LEDE/OpenWrt actually gives a higher signal in the receiving smart phones, than when manually selected the factory advertised max of 23 dBm.

Another modification I always do, is placing a little heatsink on the QCA9531 chip inside the accesspoint - as you will find in more expensive AP's. Perhaps not necessary, but it won't do harm anyway.

One not solved 'problem' I have with the E110N-v2 is the noise level LEDE/OpenWrt reads out during WiFi connections. Some units read out the advertised -95 dBm, but most only have -88 or -89 dBm. Field tests prooved a decrease in both upload speed from smart phone to AP (under same conditions) and maximum distance connections can be made.
My E355ac-v1/v2 and WR72 (running E355ac-v2 firmware!) both have their advertised values.

1 Like