CP2102 no dev node and reset on 18.06.1

I'm on 18.06.1, r7258-5eb055306f (I said "Chaos Calmer" previously but that's wrong) and I've got some problems with two CP2102 based USB to Serial TTL adaptors.

First of all (and least important as I can work around it if necessary) if I have both devices plugged into my USB hub they keep resetting over and over again.
So, for example if they are devices 2 and 3 after a while they both reset and are re-enumerated as 4 and 5 then again as 6 and 7 and so on.
If I have only one device plugged in at a time if enumerates as device 2 and stays as it was from then on.

My more important problem is that I can't get /dev/ttyUSB0 to appear in the /dev/ filesystem....
I've also been messing about with an /etc/hotplug.d/usb/99-test script and it doesn't have a DEVICE_NAME environment variable although everything like PRODUCT and VENDOR and suchlike are there as normal.
I have kmod-usb-serial-cp210x loaded and it shows up as expected when I do an lsmod.

Not OpenWrt. Perhaps some OEM firmware?

Edit: To clarify, 18.06 is not Chaos Calmer

1 Like

Does the hub provide enough power for both of them?

2 Likes

I got my firmware as directed on https://openwrt.org/toh/plusnet/fast2704nv1 I can "get at" the device again tomorrow or Monday when I'm at my "lab"... so I'll re-check my version again then.

I've been wondering about this... the hub has it's own independent 5V supply but the devices attached to the CP2102 also have their own supply.

Earlier on in development I had the devices powered through the CP2102 and through the hub and neither device browned out prior to resetting.

Problem solved.... "The issue was between the steering wheel and the driver's seat".
I was trying to make the PL2303 module drive a CP2102... installed the correct module and everything "suddenly started working". :crazy_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.