Confusion regarding Archer C7/A7 & Netgear R6220

Experience from an user to another may vary based on the quality of the single device he is using. In my case I own or manage three R6220, and I never had any issue with 2.4 GHz.

Except for real hardware failure, my experience tells that most issues are due to user missconfiguring or missunderstanding. That includes myself. So bad experience with a hardware/device may not be reliable. For example, I own a MR8300 for which I had a lot of issue with wifi0. Now it is working perfectly. Guess what? I missunderstood some DFS problematics.

1 Like

Just to confirm, you use 2.4GHz on 6220 continuously/most of the time or is it just for some occasional 2.4g devices connecting while most of the time it is 5Ghz band that is in use.

to be honest is my next task, I just made research about zabbix proxy and samba share, first I'll
try zabbix proxy and after that samba share.

1 Like

Both cases (!)

• on one device, both 2.4 and 5 GHz are used simultaneously and continuously.
  • on another one it's mainly 5 and sometimes 2.4 GHz.
1 Like

Ok there is a sale next week on amazon so I will get R6220. I will ask you if something doesn't work or some doubts regarding wifi performance :slight_smile:

You're welcome.

1 Like

Do you have acess to a Linux machine? Last time there was a discussion about this it turns out the bug still existed on 2.4GHz, on just need to use it heavy enough. See

If you want to try to methodical reproduce and then add to the report of you can reproduce or not.

Also for the original poster

1 Like

All the devices are running 22.03.0-rc5 or master snapshots. Is it still relevant to test ?
EDIT : furthermore all are used as AP, not router.