Configuration of tp-link 1043nd-lede behind fritzbox over the wan port

Hello,

It is possible to use a tp-link router over the wan port behind the fritzbox?. And how can i disable the NAT on WAN-PORT? ... or how exactly the network must be configured?

Surely there was already a topic like this, but until now I could find nothing that works.
Only that here I´ve found but I do not understand how this part works:

2 Configuring the IP route in the network router
Configure the network router according to the manufacturer's instructions so that it routes between the FRITZ!Box's IP network (192.168.20.0) and its own IP network (192.168.21.0).

The following configuration I have tested over Webinterface:
Fritzbox
IP: 192.168.10.1
Subnet:255.255.255.0
DHCP=ON
IP .10.25 - .10.100

IP Routing: 192.168.20.1
Gateway:192.168.10.2

Lede Wan-Port:
Static IP: 192.168.10.2
Gateway:192.168.10.2

Lan:
Static IP: 192.168.20.1

But it didn´t work.
So what did I forget to configure or what´s wrong?
Whether with deactivated firewall or not,
I can´t log on to the fritzbox and get no connection to the internet.

Please help me i am a totally network n00b :frowning:
thx

Three things, have you tried configure the wan port of the TP-Link as dhcp client?

Where did you configure this?

I think the ip 192.168.10.1 (the fritzbox) should be the gateway

No because i thought that it didn´t works because the default´s NAT on WAN-Port.

This is configure in the Fritzbox for the static IP Route.
You can Read this here: >klick<

Oh yes this is writen wrong from mine.

the correct settings for WAN Interfaces on Lede:
Lede Wan-Port:
Static IP: 192.168.10.2
Gateway:192.168.10.1

hmm, the easiest way is to configure the wan port of the tp-link as dhcp client and delete the static route in fritzbox. In this setup every device which is "behind" the tp-link can connect to the internet and every device which connected to the Fritzbox. But the devices connected to the fritzbox can't connect to the devices behind the tp-link. Is this okay for you?

If there is no possibility to deaktivate hardware NAT, I have to live with that and to find another option. Under open or ddwrt there was in the webgui an extra option for it, so thats the reason for my question.

as I said, "easiest" way, there are many other ways.

One other way ist to deactivate masquerading for the wan interface. Do you use ssh or the webinterface luci?

Oh Okay,
Then I understood it wrong.
But whether easy or difficult it´s really care, the main thing is that it runs at the end :wink:

.... No, normally I do all settings over the webgui.
But it is not a problem for me to make over ssh.

What are the parameters for WAN / eth0 to disable masquerading?
or what´s the different options that i can config and testing?

Then I would test again at weekend and make the complete settings via ssh.

thanks a lot for helping

okay, what is your main goal?

by the way, with openwrt or lede you can't use the hardware nat. everything is done in software/by the cpu.

Okay,

I want to reach that my tp-link router with the current lede firmware, as mainrouter in its own network over the wan port, behind the unitymedia fritzbox cable depends and the fritzbox actually only the internet provides.

If this works, i can set up from the tp-link router a vlan network.
Because the Fritzbox doesn´t support Vlans.

So I´m thought from the fritzbox at the lan port, to the wan port at the tplink. Then the wan-port becomes a static ip and a ip routing from the fritzbox to the tp-link.
Something like my first Post:

• Fritzbox

and the Routing to tplink

• TpLink
    Wan-port/eth0
    ip: 192.168.10.2

lan ip:192.168.20.1

And as I have understood, that only works if you can disable the hardware nat or nothing can connect from the tp-link to the internet.

But i do not known how exactly i configure wan-port and lan on the tplink.

That's wrong. Where did you heard/read this?

As I described some posts ago, just connect the wan port of the tp-link to a lan port of the Fritzbox. Set the tp-link wan interface to dhcp or static if you like. Then everything works like you want. You can create the vlans behind the tp-link/lede

The only little problem is, you have a double nat, the first nat is done by the fritzbox and the second is done by the tp-link/lede. So every port fordwarding has to be done twice, in the fritzbox and the tp-link/lede.

Another question: I think the fritzbox is rarely used outside of germany. So do you speak german?

yes i´m from germany and speak german :wink:

Actually on every page and probably it was exactly the same thing that you have already written here:

And with every question about the Vlan and the Fritzbox i must read that this only works if the hardware Nat at the WAN-Port can disable on the router behind the Fritzbox. Otherwise, the Internet goes from the Fritzbox over the TPLink out, but the TPLink can not get out over the Fritzbox.

And if i would used a switch for vlan´s, it must be a 3-Layers Switch.
Since I would otherwise have the same problem with the IP resolution, because the Fritzbox can not process Vlan's.

okay, dann kommt diesmal eine Antwort auf deutsch.

Also, ich habe geschrieben, daß die Geräte welche an die Fritzbox angeschlossen sind, außer dem TP-Link, nicht auf die Geräte zugreifen können, die an dem TP-Link angeschlossen sind. Dafür müssen dann Port Forwardings auf dem TP-Link eingerichtet werden. Ich habe nicht geschrieben, daß aufgrund des NAT keiner vom TP-Link aus auf das Internet zugreifen kann.

So, aber bei dem Aufbau, den ich beschrieben habe, können alle Geräte auf das Internet zugreifen!!! Die Geräte, die an dem TP-Link angeschlossen sind, müssen halt nur durch das Netz der Fritzbox. Aber das ist kein Problem und funktioniert.

Hast du meinen Vorschlag mal in die Realität um gesetzt?

Du wirst sehen, es funktioniert.
Also noch mal zum Mitschreiben:

1. die statische Route in der Fritzbox löschen
  2. dem LAN Interface vom TP-Link einen anderen IP-Adressbereich geben, als den der Fritzbox
  3. das WAN Interface vom TP-Link auf dhcp einstellen
  4. den Rechner mit einem LAN-Interface vom TP-Link verbinden
  5. und schon kommt er ins Internet!

Und vergess das mit dem Hardware NAT. Es gibt einen Thread über Hardware Nat und LEDE bzw OpenWrt, der gefühlt, 123456789 Seite lang ist. Hauptinhalt des Threads, die einen beschweren sich, warum LEDE kein Hardware NAT unterstützt. Die andere Hälfte erklärt warum. Also: ES GIBT KEIN HARDWARE NAT UNTER LEDE!

Das ja jetzt wie Weihnachten und Geburtstag zusammen :smiley:
Es geht auch auf Deutsch :wink:

Ich meinte auch nicht dass das von dir kam :wink:
Aber selbst im Administrator Forum oder wie das heißt, hat man mir gesagt das ich für mein Vorhaben einen L-3 Switch brauche oder aber nen Router bei dem man das halt deaktivieren kann oder einen mit DD-Wrt weil man es dort im Webinterface direkt als Option deaktivieren kann.

Und nein habe es so noch nicht getestet.
Werde ich aber am Wochenende mal umsetzen und sehen wie weit ich komme oder wie gut das ganze läuft.

Bisher habe ich das halt nur mit ner statische IP am Wan getestet (aber auch da ohne Port Forwarding, falls nötig) und da lief es rein gar nicht. Konnte nicht einmal vom TP-Link netz aus auf die Fritzbox zugreifen.

1.Habe ich dich denn soweit richtig verstanden, das ich im DHCP Falle eine NAT NAT Situation habe und daher die Ports von der Fritte zum TP-Link forwarden muss?

Oder wäre das umgekehrt?

2.Und im Falle von Static IP hätte ich dann keine NAT NAT Situation und bräuchte auch nicht die Ports forwarden?

LG

zu 1.) nein, das Double NAT hast du auch bei einer statischen IP
ja, in der Fritzbox mußt du die Port zum TP-Link forwarden und im TP-Link dann zu den einzelnen Geräten. Die Frage ist nur, da du bei Unitymedia bist, ob du eine öffentliche IPv4 Adresse bekommst, was, wie ich gehört habe, in letzter Zeit wohl nicht mehr möglich ist. Sprich schon der Zugriff aus dem Internet auf die Fritzbox klappt nicht. Höchstens per IPv6.
zu 2.) siehe oben, also port forwarden mußt du beim verkabelungsvorschlag immer.

Warum sollten bei der statischen IP keine Port Forwardings notwendig sein? Ob der Router seine IP per DHCP bekommt oder man sie statisch/händisch selber vergibt ändert doch nichts an dem Ergebnis, daß der Router ein IP an seinem WAN Interface hat.

Es gibt auch eine Variante, bei der du keine ports forwardings einrichten mußt, aber mein Vorschlag, es soll erstmal diese einfache variante laufen und die andere können wir uns ja dann später angucken.

mal sehen, wann die anderen forumsteilnehmer meckern, weil wir nicht englisch schreiben :smiley:

Also erstmal muss ich gestehen das ich echt Freak in sowas bin :smiley:
Wenn was nicht läuft, wird gegoogelt und die Einstellungen von anderen angepasst.
Port forwarding wäre also erst nen Thema wenn nötig, so wie jetzt dann wohl :wink:

Und ja, ich gehöre auch zu den armen Leuten von IPv4 über DS-Lite.
Aber auch nur weil Teledoof unsere Hauptstrasse nich mag :smiley:

Kann man das irgendwo nachlesen?

Und egal womit ich nun Anfangen oder wo es Endet.....
Gibts den nen Unterschied ob ich die Interfaces per ssh einrichten oder im Webgui?
Meine nämlich auch mal hier irgendwo was über das Thema gelesen zu haben....

Und Hey, ich hab mir einen auf Englisch abgekämpft :smiley: ... da mach ich doch nicht weiter wenn mir jemand in meiner Sprache hilft :wink:

nein, das Ergebnis ist immer das selbe. Gui ist halt optisch schöner.

Now :slight_smile:

Would be nice if you could at least post a summary in english, so other users can understand and learn from you.

This is a good idea and should not be a problem.
As soon as I finish my thread as successful I write my settings in English down for the other users.