Configuration Issues OpenWRT 19.07.3 and DrayTek Vigor 130

Hi all,

I need help to get my setup working.

I have a 50/10 VDSL line and the mentioned hardware. I plugged everything in properly but I cannot configure it correctly.

Can somebody explain how the best and correct configuration would look like on the modem side and on the router side also? I thought the router would login to ISP if I set username/pw and VLAN to 7, but it is not able to.

I tried connecting directly on the modem, which worked, but if I connect my notebook with LAN to modem directly I get a poor connection with 30 ping(on fritz it’s 5) and only like 20/1 speed. What’s wrong?

Thanks in advance

You need to decide if you want the vigor to handle the VLAN tagging - or if you want your router to tag the WAN packets (and the vigor to pass everything through verbatim). Both works, personally I'd prefer the later, but you need to decide via your configuration.

I don’t know what’s better, to let the modem make this kind of „work“ to have more performance left to the router or what makes more sense, I would be pleased if it would just work right now. After an hour of hopeless configuring and testing I plugged in my Fritz.

Can you explain more in detail what and how exactly you configured please? I found no complete and detailed guide like step to step tutorials, just specific pages and it did not work out for me.

config interface 'wan'                    
        option proto 'pppoe'              
        option username 'user@t-online.de'
        option password 'pass'
        option ifname 'eth0.7'            
        option force_link '1'                 
        option ipv6 'auto'    
        option delegate '0'

config interface 'wan6'             
        option ifname '@wan'              
        option proto 'dhcpv6'             
        option reqaddress 'try'
        option reqprefix 'auto'

Edit: Once working, give it a day to settle. Your ISP's DSLAM notices the frequent disconnects and doesn't like it, or rather adapts by reducing link speed to counter the 'unstable' connection.

Dude I love you. All questions I had you took care of me thank you very much. But I need to insist on the problem of the speed. After I plugged in my Fritz I got my full speed again with highest possible dslam(my loves me with 130/30-like synchronization), now it is only like an adsl connection as i said before. Is there a modem functionality the Fritz has but the vigor don’t?

The modem hardware of both devices is basically the same (lantiq VRX2xx), differences may occur in the firmware optimization (however I do achieve, and slightly exceed, my contractual throughput limits of 100/40 MBit/s with the vigor 130).

In the Page of the Modem with the Sync Infos it is also just showing the worse rates. Any idea?

That's what I meant by "let it settle", speeds will improve within the next couple of hours. Link training continues and adapts to changes in line quality - and after disconnecting your old router and connecting the vigor, the DSLAM 'thinks' there'd be problems with the line.

I got the idea, it was just weird for me that if I switch to my Fritz 7490 again, it will give me full speed instantly, I don’t know if the DSLAM knows what device I am using. I will let it be till tomorrow

AVM might default to a more aggressive link training strategy than Draytek, but I'm usually on full speed within a couple of hours after trying a bit too much.

Hi, unfortunately the line stayed exactly like it was..I have a feeling that it connects to the „backup“ line. How to fix that

I figured it out. After installing the modem 7 version of the DrayTek 130, I got the speed I should. Only thing is I have worse ping, „just“ 12ms instead of 7ms. Any idea on this?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.