I see hostapd.conf has 802.11u and hotspot2.0 configuration support. But I am not getting respected UCI command or /etc/config/wireless configuration for enabling this feature in hostapd in openwrt.
Could you please someone please help, is 802.11u and hotspot2.0 supported in openwrt?
if yes, please share the UCI and /etc/config/wireless configuration.
@ravindra, welcome to the community!
Perhaps I'm not understanding...
- Are you trying to enroll an OpenWrt AP into a 802.11u infrastructure?
- Are you trying to connect an OpenWrt device as a client - in an existing 802.11u infrastructure?
- Or are you trying to create a new infrastructure using 802.11u?
I am trying to configure 802.11u on openWRT based AP.
Your reply did not offer new information that can be used to assist you. What does "configure 802.11u on openWRT based AP" mean?
- Do you want to enroll this device with your ISP/University network - as an additional AP?
- Are you trying to connect the OpenWrt to a 802.11u network - as a client?
- Are you the administrator of a network; and wish to create a new 802.11u infrastructure - using an OpenWrt?
Unfortunately Openwrt does not support 802.11u. You could enable 802.11u by editing hostapd-full.config