Config igmpproxy to allow multicast udp from WAN to LAN

the problem is on how to configure ?

I agree, and I still surmise you were a scholar:

I wish you well. I'm actually gonna play with it myself (later); but figured you would have determined the config file by now. I will reply when I better understand it.

I have to find out what commands the UCI is seeking. Or if the location of the config file works.

Hope this helps.

I installed PIM. And as I said before I can't find any help or documentation on how to configure it.
Please let me know if you figured it out. I'm trying to figure it out too

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bionic/man8/igmpproxy.8.html

"igmpproxy is a simple multicast routing daemon which uses IGMP forwarding to dynamically route multicast traffic."

My understanding is igmpproxy moves the UDP frames from WAN to LAN in response to what it learns through its "man in the middle" of igmp packets.

You seemed to suggest that without a complete igmp conversation it would fail to start forwarding the UDP packets. So I proposed to put someone "on the other end" of the igmp conversation, namely the querier in the switch. Whether the querier on the switch or a PIMd running on an ISP router or whatever, the igmp conversation is complete on the WAN side right now... (except it isn't. @mickey84 is now no longer seeing any igmp on the WAN??)

I know igmpproxy isn't a robust ISP level router, but it should move the UDP from WAN to LAN am I right? That is a function it's supposed to do?

This used to work right? at least the requests were seen, there were no queries because we didn't have a querier on the WAN. so I think you need to get this working again before you can move forward.

root@OpenWrt:~# tcpdump -i eth0 igmp
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 262144 bytes
02:47:14.886904 IP 10.0.0.120 > 224.0.0.22: igmp v3 report, 1 group record(s)
02:47:15.466920 IP 10.0.0.120 > 224.0.0.22: igmp v3 report, 1 group record(s)
^C
2 packets captured
4 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel

UDP ttaffic is also still received on WAN

Ok so on WAN I see your router is reporting that it wants the stream. I don't see the switch doing queries. perhaps you should change the config for the querier on the switch. in the "address" field enter the switches own address. I think that's what's wrong.

change this to address 10.0.0.100 according to your previous posted info

I changed it but its not working. Also it says IGMPv2 on the switch. But i'm sending IGMPv3 reports.
Is this normal ?

That could be a problem, perhaps there is a config on igmpproxy for it to use igmpv2? Or is it vlc that's sending igmp3?

I guess its VLC. I try to set it to use igmpv2.
Or is it Windows 10 ?

That's very possible.

Another option would be to make your WAN into a bridge with just one port eth0.... and turn on igmp snooping, this would be a hack of the first order, so not my favorite idea, but I suspect you're going to need a querier on WAN for igmpproxy to be happy.

EDIT: It might also be the case that doing:

echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/force_igmp_version

would fix this?

Yes it worked that way but it's not the way I'm allowed to do it.

I type this in putty ?

I figured out its windows 10. but seems there is no way to change that.

Alright now I'm getting this:
oot@OpenWrt:~# tcpdump -i eth0 igmp
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 262144 bytes
03:10:00.242544 IP 10.0.0.120 > 230.1.1.1: igmp v2 report 230.1.1.1
03:10:08.902514 IP 10.0.0.120 > 230.1.1.1: igmp v2 report 230.1.1.1
03:10:10.182505 IP 10.0.0.120 > 230.1.1.1: igmp v2 report 230.1.1.1
^C
3 packets captured
3 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel
root@OpenWrt:~#

Everything looks just fine now. Why can't I view the stream ? You guys sure 230.1.1.1:5004 is OK ?

No, there are still no queries. Leave the tcpdump running a minimum of 2 minutes, and see if you get any queries.

OK nothing changed. I looked at the ports on the switch.Port 3 (where WAN is connected) transmitted thousands of multicast packets but received none.

Port 5 is where the streaming PC is connected.

does this Info help ?

Sounds like the switch isn't doing it's job as a querier... Time to read the Netgear switch manual maybe?