Complete router freeze, no explanation

I have a Linksys WRT3200ACM running LEDE Reboot 17.01.2 r3435-65eec8bd5f / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.152.82987-7f6fc16). According to my logs, the router stopped last night at 11:45 pm and was frozen until I got home from work today. It remained unresponsive after several reboots. So to my surprise I used the reset button and it defaulted back to a stock firmware, fully functional. I tried to do a reflash back to LEDE but it kicked it back as unsupported or something to that extent. I figured to do a restore to previous version thinking that it would go to an older version of the linksys firmware and I would try the flash again. To my surprise, LEDE came back fully configured the way I had it running previously. No signs of any issue, all features working as if nothing happened. Neat, a backup firmware.. But what caused it to crash and burn in a total lockout (not bricked). Not really so much a question for answer, but a prompt for ideas of what to look at... I do run a rather high connection count. Sometimes as high as 1500-2000/min, mostly torrent traffic but this router has a bit of horsepower to handle it. As for similar topics concerning instability and random reboots, I want to say it has rebooted for no reason but I am unable to confirm this. I will note the uptime after a suspected reboot in the future for better diagnosis. Ideas? Suggestions of a specific procedure after a reboot to catch a log with clues? Thanks in advance.