Complete noob here lol

Hi new to this I bought a bit home hub with openwrt 18.06.1 and I'm really struggling to get isp talk talk to work with it know basics I have had it work once through WiFi then all I get is no communication.dsl syncs please help thanks in advance

Can you be more clear?

Please clarify by adding more punctuation. WiFi is disabled by default in OpenWrt.

Hi I have enabled wireless can connect but have no internet same if I use ethernet cable doesn't have internet thanks

Hi @callen8 Welcome to OpenWrt

It's hard to diagnose what's going on without more detailed information. Here's a short list of questions to get started.

• What brand/model of router are you using, and what OpenWrt firmware are you using? (You already said BT Home Hub, and 18.06.01 - I just include this question for completeness...)

• What kind of equipment is plugged into the WAN port of the router? (DSL? Cable modem?)

• What company is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

• How is your laptop/desktop computer connected to the router? (Wi-Fi? Ethernet?)

• Go to the OpenWrt web interface (called "LuCI") of the router, navigate to the Network -> Diagnostics page and do these tests (or execute the equivalent tests from the command line):

• What are the results from a ping test for 192.168.1.1? (Please copy/paste the results.)

• What are the results for the ping test for google.com?

• What are the results for the traceroute for google.com?

Thanks!

Using home hub5a ping test 8.8.8.8 nothing received 100percent loss sorry for late reply been travelling all day I'm with talk talk fibre thanks

Connected via ethernet from laptop

@callen8 I added another item to the list above: what are the results of the traceroute test.

Everything you need can be found over here:

https://openwrt.ebilan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=266

And specifically, have a thorough read of the LEDE/OpenWRT Installation Guide for BT Home Hub 5A:

All the instructions you need are in there.

Thank you will go through it tomorrow

Hi still can't get around it traceroute bad address please help thanks