Compiling OpenWrt

Hello everyone, I am compiling a new project where I seek help from all of you. I need to modify the dependency where the configuration of the wireless ssid is saved, it must be "IPCOMS_ (on this space I want the mac address of my interface to appear). How can I modify the config file to make this happen. Thank you

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/basic

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/uci-defaults

And the board-specific files to find out how the MAC is generated, often in

target/linux/<your-target>/base-files/etc/hotplug.d/firmware/
target/linux/<your-target>/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network

(or, perhaps easier, reading the MAC from the procfs)

1 Like

@jeff Thanks for the information, I will see what I can do

1 Like

in which root folder can I find this "the MAC from the procfs", thank you very much @jeff

My apologies, they are under /sys, for example

target/linux/ipq40xx/base-files/lib/preinit/05_set_iface_mac_ipq40xx.sh:		base_mac=$(cat /sys/class/net/eth0/address)

Also, see commit 0340718863 (on master)

$ git diff 0340718863^ 0340718863
diff --git a/package/base-files/files/lib/functions/system.sh b/package/base-files/files/lib/functions/system.sh
index 5084c0052b..3051ac8476 100644
--- a/package/base-files/files/lib/functions/system.sh
+++ b/package/base-files/files/lib/functions/system.sh
@@ -12,6 +12,16 @@ get_mac_binary() {
        hexdump -v -n 6 -s $offset -e '5/1 "%02x:" 1/1 "%02x"' $path 2>/dev/null
 }

+get_mac_label() {
+       local basepath="/proc/device-tree"
+       local macdevice="$(cat "$basepath/aliases/label-mac-device" 2>/dev/null)"
+       local macaddr
+
+       [ -n "$macdevice" ] && macaddr=$(get_mac_binary "$basepath/$macdevice/mac-address" 0 2>/dev/null)
+       [ -n "$macaddr" ] || macaddr=$(get_mac_binary "$basepath/$macdevice/local-mac-address" 0 2>/dev/null)
+       echo $macaddr
+}
+

After adding this function, is it possible to add get_mac_label on etc / config / wireless so that my MAC appears? , THANKS @jeff

If you're running a build off master after that commit on a DTS-based platform that has been enhanced to include the DTS alias. It would have something like

aliases {
                led-boot = &led_status;
                led-failsafe = &led_status;
                led-running = &led_status;
                led-upgrade = &led_status;
                label-mac-device = &eth0;
        };

present.

Otherwise, you'd have to do the similar thing by knowing the proper device yourself.

where I find the DTS file?, sorry for my ignorance @jeff