Compiling for Target Raspberry Pi 3 -ERRORS-

Can anyone Help me to fix this errors. Getting this errors while compiling.

make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:107: /home/chtsl01112/projects/sdk/openwrt/build-raspberrypi3/openwrt/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/chtsl01112/projects/sdk/openwrt/build-raspberrypi3/openwrt'
make[1]: *** [/home/chtsl01112/projects/sdk/openwrt/build-raspberrypi3/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:227: world] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/chtsl01112/projects/sdk/openwrt/build-raspberrypi3/openwrt'
make: *** [Makefile:160: compile] Error 2

posting the error message in the subject, that's a new one ...

Please run make -j1 V=s and post the error (not only the last error line) here.

And it helps if you rename the topic like "Compiling for target <insert target you're trying to compile> fails" ... or something similar.

2 Likes

Thanks for correcting the title :slight_smile:

Did you follow the developers guide? Especially Build System Essentials and Use Buildsystem? What is the host system you'er trying to compile the Raspberry Pi 3 target?

And I'm a bit confused as to why the target is mips-24kc, aren't the PI's bcm27xx targets?

yeah, the original subject mentioned bcm27

Yes, but not really: "[package/Makefile:107: /home/chtsl01112/projects/sdk/openwrt/build-bcm2710/openwrt/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2".

Created a folder with "bcm2710" in it to put (or git pull) OpenWrt in it. The error was alwasy for mips-24kc.

I am trying to integrate openwrt sdk 19.07.6(stable) with opensync 3.2.7 and 2.0.5( tried on both the versions) for raspberry pi 3 b+. I am following below method for image building as follows:-

And I changed configurations as:-
Target Name:- RASPBERRY_PI_3
Target model:- RaspberryPi3
Target:- bcm27xx
subtarget - bcm2710
In makefile:- OPENSYNC_BUILD_DIR=$(BUILD)/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl_eabi/opensync-*

By reffering below websites i made those changes:-

Till Preparation it was going fine, But at compilation it is getting these following errors.

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/chtsl01112/rpi3_opensync_2.0.5/sdk/openwrt/build-RaspberryPi3/openwrt'
make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:107: /home/chtsl01112/rpi3_opensync_2.0.5/sdk/openwrt/build-RaspberryPi3/openwrt/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/chtsl01112/rpi3_opensync_2.0.5/sdk/openwrt/build-RaspberryPi3/openwrt'
make[1]: *** [/home/chtsl01112/rpi3_opensync_2.0.5/sdk/openwrt/build-RaspberryPi3/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:227: world] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/chtsl01112/rpi3_opensync_2.0.5/sdk/openwrt/build-RaspberryPi3/openwrt'
make: *** [Makefile:147: compile] Error 2

I haven't worked with such an old Openwrt version.

Are you using Docker or what is your host?

I'd start compiling the standard OpenWrt image without opensync. And go from there.

Btw I would advise you to ask the opensync community, the problem you're facing got probably not much to do with openwrt and a lot more with opensync.

I am using ubuntu 20.4 and 18 versions (docker engine installed on it).