Compiling/Building for USG3P - Help!

Hi-
I'm trying to make use of an old USG3P I have and would like to use OpenWrt. I found this patch from MartB:

However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to add the patch to the base code. I was able to clone the repository and compile a test using this HowTo:

I'm trying to read through the documentation, but I'm just not getting how to incorporate the patch. Are there any HowTos or other walkthroughs on this subject? Has anyone reported getting OpenWrt working on the USG3P "in the wild"? IT seems like there are people interested in this, but I cannot seem to find anything about a successful deployment.

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I guess it would be more helpful if I said where I'm getting stuck. The documentation says that I need to add the patch to a package directory. What package would this patch be targeting?
Thanks!

Depends on the patch, doesn't it?

But the name of the file being patched, is in the patch file, so you should be able to figure it out pretty easily.

Indeed it does ;-), the patch in question is the one referred to in my first post. But your hint got me where I needed to be. I thought that the patch needed to be in the packages directory, but it is actually patching the octeon makefile. I'll try compiling with the the patch tonight.
Thanks!