Compiled image: The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format

Hi,

I have compiled a custom image and installed it. I then upgraded the image to another custom compiled image with just a few extra packages, however I also changed the model.name in the /etc/board.json and /etc/device_info. Now, when I try to upgrade I get The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Is it really blocking the system upgrade because of these values, or do I need to change something else to allow the system upgrade to happen?

Which router you are talking about?
And what was the change that you made?

The board is a Unielec U7621-6. I just changed the name to the device info to "devBoard". I did not modify any of the other entries in any of the Linux source files. Do they need to match up?

Yes, it will break the sysupgrade. If you want to add/change a name, look into /target/linux/ramips/base-files/lib. at ramips.sh and in the upgrade folder at platform.sh

if those names don't match it will not let you do an upgrade. If you are really sure about your build, SCP it to /tmp and force the upgrade if you restore the board name/update the other files, it should work like before without having to force it.