Compile different package versions into firmware

I have been looking at the packages documentation on the Wiki and I've rediscovered the makefile. I already know that UPnP version 2.1-1 which derives from the v18.06.7 firmware works with my v19.07.1 firmware. I did this by downloading the v18.06.7 package from GitHub into a different working directory and then copying the contents to my v19.07.1 directory and compiling as normal.

In regards to the makefile I was thinking of tweaking this file to streamline using different package versions into the 'to be compiled firmware'. I do remember modifying a makefile before to use the latest version of the mwlwifi driver in which I was instructed to changed the PKG_SOURCE_VERSION to the commit version of the master.

However, I couldn't see this parameter in the makefile to the miniupnpd package.
From looking through that file I did see the download source for the file

PKG_SOURCE_URL:=https://miniupnp.tuxfamily.org/files

and so I had a look on the website to see what the latest version which appears to be miniupnpd-2.1.20200329.tar.gz With that in mind I changed the PKG_VERSION:= in the makefile to 2.1.20200329.

I've then tried to compile with verbose on and I get quite a few error messages relating miniupnpd hence why I've come back onto the forums to ask for further help.

Can anyone help here please?

P.S I will post the screenshot of the error messages I took on my laptop later on and update this post.

UPDATE
Screenshot showing errors: