Compile 21.02 for RB450G

Just side tracking here. I would like to ask if somebody was able to build the current stable release of OpenWrt 21.02 for this device?

4 years later???

Really?

See: https://openwrt.org/toh/mikrotik/rb450g#installation

This devices has been supported and is almost end-of-support. There's no need to build a release, just download it and install.

4 years later, sure, why not? :slight_smile:

This this is still running fine for me, can do routing for up to 1Gbit home connections without an issue (with hardware/software flow offload enabled)

My question was that if anyone, or knows anyone who complied a current stable release (21.02), or snapshot for this device, as I understood the sources would need to be ported to the 'new' ath79 arch. Currently I'm running 19.07.10 on this device.

I'm also into getting an RB450Gx4 which is also an EoL device, and according to the wiki, it has an unofficial, but working OpenWrt build for it.

1 Like

I mean 4 years later in the same thread. I think this is a good device!

You described the problem; but asked if a stable release exists?

:bulb: Did you look at the link I sent?

Perhaps someone can comment on this regarding 21.02. The developer's thread may be better (and a new post).

A different device?

unoffical != OpenWrt[forum*supported]

Hopes dashed, still no 21.02 release.

This is the description that needs to be done: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/installation/ar71xx.to.ath79

Maybe somene with a lot of time and will power... and at least one RB450G...

There is MikroTik RouterBOARD 493G (rb4xx series) port in source code, maybe It could help us to run 21.02 and 22.03. We have to take a look at.

I've tried to boot from TFTP an Openwrt 22.03 ath79 kernel but it fails with the kernel is out of range error. The latest working 91.07.10 initramfs-lzma.elf kernel for RB450G is aprox 4MB while the one from Openwrt 22.03 is around 5.9MB. I've tried compiling the sources and removed some packages but couldn't manage to go lower than approximately 4.7MB.

Any idea if the initramfs image size is the problem or if there are other constraints too?