Command for restart router every day

Hello person, how are you? Could you help me ? I use LEDE 17.01 and would like to know the exact command to make the router restart every day. Thankful.

4 Likes

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/base-system/cron#periodic_reboot_of_a_router

4 Likes

And maybe you should consider upgrade to 18.06.02 if supported by your device.

4 Likes

A situation where periodic rebooting is required to stay operational means there is a bug. You should help to identify it for the developers.

6 Likes

Does the router work well, so it is not necessary to reboot the router? Is it 100% forever?

There is no such thing as forever, but routers are supposed to work for weeks without needing to restart.

3 Likes

Why do you think you have to reboot the router everyday?

I believe it does not have to be every day, but once a week. It is to maintain 100% stability.

• Are you noticing anything that makes you believe the router is becoming unstable with uptime, or is this proactive behavior?
  • Like @rj-45 why do you think you need to reboot everyday?

:+1:

The longest uptime on a OpenWrt router I recall recording was ~124 days. I've never experienced a crash or loss of stability.

Virtual routers, have even longer uptime.

In more professional-commercial settings, I have routers that have 5+ years uptime...so I agree with @Hegabo, this constant rebooting - if warranted, should probably be inspected for a bug.

3 Likes

I really did not know it could work for so long .. well, so apparently I will not need this command to reboot. Thank you for your help.

4 Likes

Yeah, just keep it running. If you observe frequent problems, please report them so that the developers can look into them.

2 Likes

I use "luci-app-watchcat". Periodic reboot (every 3 days)

agree

on the other hand, rebooting every night handles a hole lot of things nicely: reconnect pppoe-session, clear dnscache, reset counters... and it "protects" against the occasional memory leak.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.