Comfast CF-E3 - support in future and a query

Hi everyone

I'm New to the openwrt forum but not new to openwrt itself having ran it for many years on various devices.
I have bought a cheap Comfast CF-E3 and I was wondering would there be any support for it going forward in openwrt?
I've seen some activity regarding its bigger brother the CF-WR617 and someone managed to ssh into it - i was wondering if that user is around to tell me how they did this as there is zero documentation for these little routers out there.

thank you

I have managed to get into it via ssh using a helpful tip someone had posted about another comfast model.
It is running a variant of openwrt, either barrier breaker or choas calmer and uses a USB board mounted fibocom lte modem and relies on the varios usb scripts available for openwrt that youd use for a traditional usb dongle/modem.
Looks like it uses some custom packages to as i've compared it to other openwrt builds and these packages do not exist? for example "fibocom" package and "apn_detect"

showing the info from root:

root@COMFAST:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo**
system type             : Qualcomm Atheros QCA9531 ver 2 rev 0
machine                 : COMFAST CF-E3
processor               : 0
cpu model               : MIPS 24Kc V7.4
BogoMIPS                : 432.53
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes
tlb_entries             : 16
extra interrupt vector  : yes
hardware watchpoint     : yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0000, 0x0ff8, 0x0f                                                                                        f8, 0x0ff8]
isa                     : mips1 mips2 mips32r1 mips32r2
ASEs implemented        : mips16
shadow register sets    : 1
kscratch registers      : 0
core                    : 0
VCED exceptions         : not available
VCEI exceptions         : not available

So anyway the question n I really should be asking here is why this device works perfectly with an o2 uk simcard yet a vodafone uk one does not. It will get an IP from vodafone but no traffic flow - RX packets seem to flow but TX. I find the config seems to pay no attention to APN settings even if you write them to the network config manually and "sorts itself out" so to speak.
I did find a bit of info about "apn_detect" package and it would appear there is a list of APNs available for it to use in a text file somewhere - for which mobile.o2.co.uk is present but wap.vodafone.co.uk does not exist on the list - perhaps that is why it wont detect the apn for the vodafone sim but works with an o2 one?
if any 4g/lte guys could point me in the direction of shining a light on the cause or even some logs i would appreciate it.

also here are results of route command:

route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
default         10.22.245.52    0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 br-wan
10.22.245.48    *               255.255.255.248 U     0      0        0 br-wan
10.22.245.52    *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0 br-wan
192.168.3.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 br-lan

results of iconfig for the br-wan

br-wan    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 20:0D:B0:B9:81:E9
          inet addr:10.22.245.54  Bcast:10.22.245.55  Mask:255.255.255.248
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1492  Metric:1
          RX packets:4 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:7 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:946 (946.0 B)  TX bytes:1580 (1.5 KiB)

if you want to move forward with adding support, you should study this commit, it is a very similar board probably

since you have root shell access, you can collect info you need like flash partitions, dump the ART partition and look for MAC addresses and compare that to ifconfig

open the case and find the UART pins and connect a serial adapter, interrupt uboot and print the uboot environment printenv

eventually you will have enough info to build images which will include an initramfs-kernel.bin image that you will boot with TFTP using uboot with serial console.

Thanks for the info, it may be of help to someone else now as unfortunately the unit I was testing with died totally. Completely unrecoverable via tftp/serial pins etc. That said before it died I did test it with r00ter and that sort of worked

Is it destroyed in some way? or just corrupted flash (all leds on when powered)

If you have no other use for it I would like to give it a try if you can send it to me

Hi

No leds lit for ethernet ports, dim power light. Unfortunately i have returned it to the supplier who refunded me for it

Hello!
I want to ask you how to ssh into Comfast CF-E3. i want to install VPN for it.
Can any of you guide me?
Thank you!