Checkpoint L50 - br-lan /eth1 notcoming up

I flashed my Checkpoint L50 with the firmware after following the guide as provided here in openwrt website.

I have assigned the correct mac address for eth0 and eth1 in kboot.
After booting - eth0 comes up but eth1 fails to come up. This stops the clients from getting any ip address. The only option is for me to add 3 lines of code in /etc/config/network.

The etc/config/network file is as follows

config interface 'loopback'
	option device 'lo'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
	option ula_prefix 'fd58:2d0f:3bd2::/48'

config device
	option name 'br-lan'
	option type 'bridge'
	list ports 'lan1'
	list ports 'lan2'
	list ports 'lan3'
	list ports 'lan4'
	list ports 'lan5'
	list ports 'lan6'
	list ports 'lan7'
	list ports 'lan8'
	list ports 'dmz'

config interface 'lan'
	option device 'br-lan'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option ip6assign '60'

config interface 'wan'
	option device 'eth0'
	option proto 'dhcp'

config interface 'wan6'
	option device 'eth0'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'

If I add the following lines

config interface 'lan'
	option device 'eth1'
	option proto 'dhcpv4'

It does not work. The only way to get eth1 up is by hardcoding eth1 mac address.

config device
	option name 'eth1'
	option macaddr '00:00:00:00:00:12'

Secondly, if I do a factory reset all configuration is lost & I cannot get ip assigned to the client after which I have to get console connection again to make the necessary change to etc/config/network and hardcore eth1 mac address.

How can I solve this problem.

Thaanks

Try this:

Finally managed to get it working, The issue was related to Uboot setting. Apparently, there is a setting called
Net - value "egiga0" and "egiga1"
0 is for eth0 and 1 is for eth1
I didn't remove this setting, I just followed the guide as provided. But somehow this setting was lost. This is the reason eth1 never came up. With no eth1 no clients were getting ip and I was not able to access router. The only way out was to hard code the mac address to eth1 in /etc/config/network.

I went through the whole Marvell CPU documentation and then I knew this had to be set. I set it in Uboot and finally got both eth0 and eth1 working.

I think the documentation should include - printenv (and save) on the original firmware before changing the firmware to Openwrt.