Check the cause of lag with OpenWrt

Dear All,

I have been playing “World of Warcraft” for over 11 years now and never experienced any lag issues, untill recently. As I know there are a lot of variables that influence my connection, I somehow cannot dismiss the idea, that my lag issues are related to the recent upgrade to Openwrt or my port forwarding settings (www.dnshome.de). Is there a way to test my suspicions? (Besides putting back the old Netgear firmware)

Additional Info:

• Modem: CBN CV6181E
  • Router: NETGEAR WNDR3700 (Atheros AR7161 rev 2)
  • Internet Sub: 200mb/s (scored 95,7 mb/s, which is TO low)
  • All connected wired + recently freshly installed computer
  • Asrock A320M-HDV, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 4GB, Crucial MX500
  • Windows 10 64-bits
  • Other devices are using my internet as well
  • I'm a layman when it comes to Linux

Regards,

18.06.2 or snapshot?

@tmomas : I upgraded from the original netgear firmware to openwrt (currently firmware : OpenWrt 18.06.2 r7676-cddd7b4c77 / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-19.020.41695-6f6641d))

any reason you installed openwrt to begin with?

i've got exact model running exact version. when I installed that version, i retired the WNDR to pure AP duties as something seemed to be getting stressed... put it down to hardware limitations with the newer firmware + internet speed upgrade (over 23-30Mbps).

easiest thing to do would be to run an older/alternate build and check the performance again. then start turning stuff off ( wifi - dns ) and see if that changes anything.

You might find something worth trying here;