(For the people who don't wanna read the whole story just check out the SQM config at the bottom... I like to write the whole story k )
Hi. I've been using LEDE for a couple of months now on my 841N V9, I initially flashed a community build on my router since if I flashed the normal stock one It didn't leave any space for SQM or UPNP. Now after a while like around 24hours of up time whenever I opened the Luci page I was met with CPU spikes, then someone mentioned this image builder in the thread and I build my own image via that (Might get Linux later on and build a image using that as well instead of the online tool). I just solved the CPU spike issue with a crontab that restarts my router every morning (I would do this regardless if the router was running stable... helps me sleep at night).
I have a relatively slow ADSL2+ AnnexM 4mbit download / 1mbit upload link.
I am currently met with these issues in SQM (and my main issue has been consistent with all the other firmware I've tried Gargoyle, DD-WRT). The issue is that when gaming my pings are relatively fine but it spikes up and down like every once in a minute or so which gets very annoying. I've tried to do something about my ISP but alas no solution, they even made me downgrade to 4mb from 8mb because "My line can't support it" which I call BS on because they should just disable AnnexM for my line which would make it a lot stable like it used to be.
My second but weird issue is that when I queue for a game of CSGO and my brother is in the same party as me the pings in the game menu rises up and doesn't come down even though the constant ping I'm doing to googles DNS server via CMD is perfectly fine. I have to disable SQM for this time period to get a match, However, Jump in the game and this isn't much of an issue.
My SQM Config:
config queue 'eth1' option interface 'pppoe-wan' option debug_logging '0' option verbosity '5' option qdisc 'cake' option script 'piece_of_cake.qos' option linklayer 'atm' option overhead '40' option download '3600' option upload '900' option qdisc_advanced '1' option squash_dscp '1' option squash_ingress '1' option ingress_ecn 'ECN' option egress_ecn 'NOECN' option qdisc_really_really_advanced '1' option iqdisc_opts 'nat dual-dsthost' option eqdisc_opts 'nat dual-srchost' option enabled '1'
Oh and my Line sync rate on my modem is 4608/1095 (I'll leave a screenshot of my line stats below just in case)