Change MAC adress

etc/config/wireless, : Not found

That's all im getting

you need go in the router with scp and add that line with the address.
or if you cannot use scp
opkg update
opkg install openssh-sftp-server
and just use sftp

I don't know what scp is?
I have no internet as i don't want to give it away. You mean ssh?

how can you replay here if you have no internet?

1 Like

I'm using a laptop, but am on my main for questions, and research

I could tether wifi, to see if that works

give me a sec

ok don't warry about
please ssh into the router and post the output of
uci show wireless

1 Like

Ok before i could do this, now i cant even connect to wifi correctly. I just need to connect to wifi, change my mac so it looks like someone else is on, then do what i need to do

when you play with openwrt router make sure to use an ethernet cable, and after all is the right way, you can use and make changes via wifi

1 Like

uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].macaddr='xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'
uci commit wireless

add the right macaddress xxxxxxx
please edit your info, the psk is clear

Ok that wifi iface was my phone, my bad. Here: is the correct output

delete that network, delete that wwan, do a new scan, and do the same command i posted

1 Like

Do i delete the lan too?

no
just delete your phone network, from web interface, and do a new scan

1 Like

Ok time out is over, sorry for not replying sooner i had stuff i needed to do. I would like to make it work every boot up as well. Could you run it back for me?

Is there any simple guide to changing your MAC with Luci or does it have to be SCP?

DUPLICATE THREAD:

(It should also be noted that the other thread also has a solution the OP does not accept, even when given screenshot proof from another N750.)

SCP is never shown (SSH is), but yes, you can edit the /etc/config/wireless file and copy it too.

@Gtecharea1, out of courtesy, in the future, maybe you should let others know you have two threads open for the same issue.

1 Like

I tried changed my MAC using that method and it ended up disabling my wireless radios.

• What's posted there does not disable radios
  • Because of that, your response is not quite clear
  • You fail to show any configs
  • Nor did you note that when you revived the thread

It seems that perhaps seeing the config, knowing the device, etc. would be helpful...instead of simply imagining/asking about another method being hidden from others in the community.

With that said, there is a second method when WiFi is not bridged to a VLAN; but since we cannot see your /etc/config/network and /etc/config/wireless - it would be difficult to guess or assume you have a standalone Wireless SSID.

1 Like