Change mac address

hello experts i want to change Mac address of wifi router(labled on back side of router) i want to change it permanently ) i have rooted phone also and i have laptop also i want a little help is anybody help me i really need it . im searching from last many days on internet .Sorry if ths is off topic
Thanks in Advance

[Solved] How to clone MAC Address for 21.02.0? - #4 by vgaetera

3 Likes

Not working Sir please read my question Again i want to change Mac Address (EEPROM) which is coded in hardware of Router, actually means i want to change values of EEPROM data

Why do you want to change the MAC in EEPROM vs simply doing it in the configuration?

3 Likes

sir i want change it permanently because ISP blocked my Mac ,if ISP will not detect original Mac than its Works for me so please suggest if i change According to your process ,ISP will detect original Mac or Not? even After Restart the Router?

There is no practical difference between changing the MAC in the configuration vs EEPROM.

Why has your ISP blocked your MAC?

3 Likes

i used torrents and they detect my Mac and blocked, Please explain if i change according to your procedure i will work for me?? if yes pleasde explain in brief please

we're not your ISP, trial and error ?

3 Likes

Thanks Sir but still i m not understanding properly these commands are used in linux?? i dont have install open wrt in my router ..so please guide me

To be clear, then how is your question related to OpenWrt?

1 Like

i just used forum but if im on wrong place than sorry for that

1 Like

Since this is not related to OpenWrt, I'll suggest the following:

1. look at documentation/forums that are dedicated to supporting your device's current firmware (likely the vendor firmware?) -- there is probably a method to clone/change the MAC address already in the firmware (and doing this in the firmware is sufficient, you don't need to overwrite the factory data).

or
2) install OpenWrt on your device (assuming it is supported. See the table of hardware), and then use the process described above to change the MAC address using the configuration files.

1 Like