Can't route specific ip to specific interface while maintaining normal internet access

So since October 1st the legal framework in Greece allowed us to get telephony passwords as well as pppoe passwords(this caused me issues with software offloading but I fixed those). I am trying to route 2 vlans, one is dsl0.835 which is used for internet with pppoe and dsl.837 which is used for telephony over a private 10.0.0.0/8 network in which the ip given with dhcp and the gateway is dynamic but you usually get a /18 allocation. I need normal internet access over lan but when requests are for 10.50.131.206/32 I want them to go the the dsl0.837 interface. I am currently trying to do it over the luci interface by setting a static ipv4 route for 10.50.131.206/32 to VOICE and a gateway metric of 5 on voice and 0 on wan. This config works when dsl.835 is disabled.
I attach /etc/config/network

config interface 'loopback'
        option device 'lo'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
        option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
        option ula_prefix 'fdf2:c85c:f118::/48'

config atm-bridge 'atm'
        option vpi '1'
        option vci '32'
        option encaps 'llc'
        option payload 'bridged'
        option nameprefix 'dsl'

config dsl 'dsl'
        option annex 'a'
        option ds_snr_offset '-100'
        option firmware '/root/vr9-B-dsl.bin'
        option xfer_mode 'ptm'
        option line_mode 'vdsl'

config device
        option name 'br-lan'
        option type 'bridge'
        list ports 'lan1'
        list ports 'lan2'
        list ports 'lan3'
        list ports 'lan4'

config interface 'lan'
        option device 'br-lan'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '192.168.3.1'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'
        option ip6assign '60'

config device
        option name 'dsl0'
        option macaddr 'f4:f6:47:xx:xx:xx'

config interface 'wan'
        option device 'dsl0.835'
        option proto 'pppoe'
        option username 'user@forthnet.gr'
        option password 'pass'
        option ipv6 '1'
        option peerdns '0'
        list dns '1.1.1.1'
        option metric '0'

config interface 'VOICE'
        option proto 'dhcp'
        option device 'dsl0.837'
        option hostname '302xxxxxxxxx_cid.ims.wind.gr'
        option clientid '302xxxxxxxxx_cid.ims.wind.gr in hex'
        option metric '5'
        option vendorid '302xxxxxxxxx_cid.ims.wind.gr'

config route
        option interface 'VOICE'
        option target '10.50.131.206/32'
        option table 'default'

config device
        option name 'dsl0.837'
        option type '8021q'
        option ifname 'dsl0'
        option vid '837'
        option macaddr 'F4:F6:47:xx:xx:xx'
        option ipv6 '0'

uci -q delete network.@route[0]
uci set network.VOICE.ip4table="default"
uci -q delete network.VOICE_rule
uci set network.VOICE_rule="rule"
uci set network.VOICE_rule.dest="10.50.131.206/32"
uci set network.VOICE_rule.lookup="default"
uci set network.VOICE_rule.priority="30000"
uci commit network
/etc/init.d/network restart

You should not need to configure any specific routes, because that device is already in the range for the VOICE network. Perhaps your ISP uses BIRD to configure the gateways?

My ISP uses TR-069 and service lists. That vlan is only used for voice during operation with their router and lan has no route to that by default. It is not intended to be accessible over lan therefore the isp does not provide any support in terms of anything, all you get is the 835 vlan and pppoe credentials. They arent compliant with anything not even the regulations and it has been infinitely annoying to try and bypass all the locks they have put in place so I cant use another device for telephony. Not needing to configure a specific route will end up with a misroute to the 835 vlan and not being able to connect or internet going to the 837 vlan and not finding a route to the internet.

1 Like

If you router has a wan interface (presumably configured as default) and a VOICE interface (with a 10.0.0.0/8), then everything on the 10.0.0.0/8 range will go through that VOICE interface, and there is no need to create additional rules.

If your ISP requires additional configuration, then you need to know exactly what it is they need...

It just needed the mac cloning , option 61 and the routing. You are assigned a 10.x.x.x/17 ip and the Server is always outside that so you need the route so the packet goes to the gateway and gets handled appropriately.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.