My ISP uses a Huwaei HS8546M5 fiber modem, they come with DHCP and WiFi of course, and I had DCHP turned off in my openwrt TPLINK 1043ND v3.
So I asked them to disable the DHCP server and WiFi in the Huwaei so that I could setup it up in my own router, since I don't have the login to the Huwaei they did it remotely for me while I was on the chat support.
What happened was that I was not able to get internet "flowing" from the Huwaei to my openwrt, the chat support said they could see my router "hooked up" no problem, the Huwaei is located at 192.168.100.1 and the support guy assigned a static lease to my openwrt 1043 by the MAC address that I handed out to him.
I tried setting up my local interface as DHCP, since there was a static ip lease assigned to it and also tried DHCP, no matter what my computer wouldn't get access to the internet.
The cable was on LAN1 in the Huawei and LAN1 in my 1043 router.