"kernel": "5.15.137",
        "rootfs_type": "ext4",
        "release": {
                "distribution": "OpenWrt",
                "version": "23.05.2",
                "revision": "r23630-842932a63d",
                "target": "x86/64",
                "description": "OpenWrt 23.05.2 r23630-842932a63d"

I am trying to modify certain packages in a desperate attempt to make my wireless work (more about that here

I have removed hostapd, as well as removed libustream-mbedtls and then installed libustream-openssl20201210, reinstalled ca-bundle and ca-certificates from local storage, but when I try to install hostapd-openssl, I get message that hostapd-common is needed. I then install hostapd-common and when I try to install hostapd-openssl again, it gives a conflict with hostapd-basic-mbedtls. List-installed and hostapd-basic-mbedtls is not on the list. So how come I get conflict when the package that is causing the conflict is not even installed?

By the way, even after installing libustream-openssl20201210, ca-bundle and ca-certificates, I still can't opkg update, it still gives me the same error, so I have to rely on manual installation which is cumbersome as I need to restart and boot into another OS in order to download said files and put them on rootfs storage, then I have to boot again into Openwrt and install the packages locally:

wget: SSL support not available, please install one of the libustream-.*[ssl|tls] packages as well as the ca-bundle and ca-certificates packages.
*** Failed to download the package list from https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/23.05.2/packages/x86_64/telephony/Packages.gz

Despite all the necessary packages are present. This persists even after reboot.

Given how much time I sank into this, I might as well just download every single package there is and put it inside some custom folder on /rootfs so I have all the packages locally and install them on demand. Will help a lot when I break my system in an attempt to fix something else.

Having had a brief look at your previous thread, you seem to have gone completely off at a tangent and tied yourself in knots :crazy_face:

I cannot see why you want to replace mbedtls in the first place, but it is really simple.

First though, as you have been randomly uninstalling things like hostapd and then trying to install other stuff, I would recommend you start again with a fresh image, then do:

opkg update
opkg remove wpad-basic-mbedtls
opkg install wpad-openssl
service wpad restart

Note - it is wpad you are changing, not hostapd - hostapd is a subset of wpad.

1 Like