Can't ping or access 1.1.1.1

I can ping 8.8.8.8, also 1.0.0.1, but I cannot ping 1.1.1.1 nor can I visit the website (1.1.1.1 or 1.1.1.1/help).
I want to use it as my dns for both router and custom android dns.
Thank you!

May have been a temporary issue.

I can ping and access 1.1.1.1

It's not a temporary issue, I'm sure.
Here's the traceroute to 8.8.8.8, 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1.
I have replaced end of some ip's with X.

This is related to openwrt, how?

1 Like

I don't know, maybe this can be solved through openwrt packages in some way?

neither do we, since we don't know what the actual problem is ...

1 Like

I thought this problem was related to openwrt. I don't know what the problem is. I just cant ping 1.1.1.1 or access it.

since you provide pretty much zero information about your setup, start by resetting your openwrt device.

1 Like

We can assure you, OpenWrt routers don't magically block just 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 - so more information will be needed to assist you.

Lastly, you can traceroute.

• What happens when you do a nslookup example.com 192.168.1.1

Agreed.

nslookup example.com 192.168.1.1

Server:		192.168.1.1
Address:	192.168.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:	example.com
Address: 93.184.216.34
Name:	example.com
Address: 2606:2800:220:1:248:1893:25c8:1946

8.8.8.8 is not blocked, only 1.1.1.1.
and traceroute for 1.1.1.1 , 8.8.8.8 and 1.0.0.1 is provided above in the comments.

Ummmmm OK....

Then:

nslookup <valid_domain> <IP_of_DNS_with_issue>

• Please use an an actual domain (although example.com is registered by RFC, the point was to use a normal domain)
  • The commands are to help you troubleshoot, so maybe look at a manual if you are not familiar with the command

So we're on the same page...you are aware you can access the IP, correct?

...but it's hard to tell because you seem ot obscure public IP addresses.

• Do you run any IP or domain based blockers?

The link contains the nslookup command, traceroute to 8.8.8.8 (works fine) to show the normal traceroute for me, and 1.1.1.1 which is the issue.

Edit: Sorry, the nslookup in the link was same as above. The one you requested is:

nslookup openwrt.org 1.1.1.1
Server:		1.1.1.1
Address:	1.1.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:	openwrt.org
Address: 139.59.209.225
Name:	openwrt.org
Address: 2a03:b0c0:3:d0::1af1:1

ok, so DNS at 1.1.1.1 works .... case closed ?

1 Like

see traceroute, it keeps on sending ****, i didn't paste the whole output, and did ctrl+c to exit the process as it was just sending ****

so what ?

traceroute isn't (obviously) proof of functionality, and it stops outside your own device, ask your ISP why it doesn't work.

1 Like

I did ask them about the issue, they had no idea.

Then us, you, and them should start a club, for people who don't know....

I am sure that you are technically very knowledgeable and skillful, I am not, that's why I came here to hopefully resolve my issue. Passing comments and taunting is not helping me, might be helping you boost your ego. I am not here to pick a fight, argue, or start a club. If you think I don't belong here because I have basically zero knowledge about networking, I would request you to ignore my thread.
I would appreciate anyone else who can help me. Thank you.
And again, I am not here for drama, I am just here to resolve my issue.

you're missing the point.

the issue isn't with openwrt, nor is it with 1.1.1.1, it's somewhere in between, and the service you're trying to access, actually works ... what do you want us to do about it ?

Well obviously I didn't know this. You explained it to me just know, so now I know.
Thank you.