Can't install luci-app-sqm on OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r14241-ba2ddba56b / LuCI Master git-20.234.32633-60ce87a

Keep getting this error, it doesn't matter if i do it from cmd or web gui. I've tried running opkg update before trying to install it both on web gui and cmd.

Annotation 2020-08-25 150806

Can anyone help with a solution?

best regards

Your snapshot does not include the needed kernel version. Update your snapshot.

Could you maybe help me find the right snapshot?

1 Like

Is it possible to update the kernel without breaking the whole thing? I'd like to install some things I don't have the right version for myself but there is no updated snapshot available. What's there is what's there.

With buildbot snapshots for master, you need to install all needed packages before the buildbot builds the next round and kernel & packages change slightly.

The solution is to re-flash the router and immediately afterward install all wanted add-on packages (so that the currently compiled kernel requirement matches the exact kernel of the last build round.)

If your are not using a self compiled firmware, you can configure opkg , editing the distfeeds.config file by adding ' # ' in src/gz openwrt_core .

When you get the message “Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for…” it is most likely because you installed a snapshot version of OpenWrt.
Read here for possible solutions.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.