Cant install adguard is there a reason for this , I suspect it is due to maybe snapshot?

admin@OpenWrt:~$ sudo opkg install adguardhome
Installing adguardhome (0.107.42-1) to root...
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_cortex-a53/packages/adguardhome_0.107.42-1_aarch64_cortex-a53.ipk
Collected errors:

• opkg_install_pkg: Checksum or size mismatch for package adguardhome. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package adguardhome.
    admin@OpenWrt:~$ client_loop: send disconnect: Connection reset

Please post your ubus call system board.

1 Like

root@OpenWrt:~# ubus call system board
{
"kernel": "5.15.148",
"hostname": "OpenWrt",
"system": "ARMv8 Processor rev 4",
"model": "Xiaomi Mi Router AX3000T",
"board_name": "xiaomi,mi-router-ax3000t",
"rootfs_type": "squashfs",
"release": {
"distribution": "OpenWrt",
"version": "SNAPSHOT",
"revision": "r25024-5e395f0c24",
"target": "mediatek/filogic",
"description": "OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r25024-5e395f0c24"
}
}
root@OpenWrt:~#

having issues instaling git clone even after sysupgrade . Collected errors:

• check_data_file_clashes: Package libmbedtls13 wants to install file /usr/lib/libmbedcrypto.so.2.28.7
    But that file is already provided by package * libmbedtls12
  • check_data_file_clashes: Package libmbedtls13 wants to install file /usr/lib/libmbedcrypto.so.7
  • check_data_file_clashes: Package libmbedtls13 wants to install file /usr/lib/libmbedtls.so.14
  • check_data_file_clashes: Package libmbedtls13 wants to install file /usr/lib/libmbedtls.so.2.28.7
  • check_data_file_clashes: Package libmbedtls13 wants to install file /usr/lib/libmbedx509.so.1
  • check_data_file_clashes: Package libmbedtls13 wants to install file /usr/lib/libmbedx509.so.2.28.7
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package git-http.
    r

Why are you using sudo? By default you are root.

1 Like

I tried adguard home with my ax3000t. Install works perfectly good on latest snapshot. Unfortunately 256mb ram seems to be too low, ram usage was 100% and router was unusable with only default blocklist. Installed adguard to my HA server.

that is out of the scope of this topic :sweat_smile:

And where did admin come from ...

“I see” said the blind man!

Yep. Open mouth, change feet.

As others have asked.... admin? sudo?

I'd say it is likely quite relevant... you've made changes to core user and permissions structure relative to way that OpenWrt is expected to work. Care to explain what you've done and why?

1 Like

i just wanted to give it a shot.
for cyber security to have a sudo user

cyber security reasons , adding a sudo user is better security

A sudo user only improves security if you're allowing access from other (untrusted) users or on-device processes you don't trust -- and if this is the case, one should consider why you are allowing untrusted users or processes to access your router.

High strength passwords and ssh keys are the preferred method of securing the router itself.

fair enough but its kind of a tradition at this point after using linux for so long however I will consider it.

A 'big distro' linux box is a very different animal than a small footprint router specific OS.

I'd recommend that you reset your router to defaults (ideally also use a standard release build instead of snapshot), and then go through the process of installing AGH and banip the normal way. I highly suspect that the problems are related to the fact that you're running in a very different regime than normal OpenWrt, and both the packages and the documentation assumes a standard OpenWrt environment.

I think the issue is I may have downloaded snpashot when imaging router but idk how to go back and use a standard release build . How can I do this?

Actually, it looks like your device doesn't have a standard release build... you'll need to use snapshot. But you should certainly upgrade to the latest snapshot so that you are both up-to-date in general and consistent with the latest packages (see below)

You can use the firmware selector and then just choose the snapshot release.

Regarding snapshots... the downside of snapshots is that they are moving targets, so your install (kernel) can quickly become out of date/out of sync with the current snapshot an then you will be unable to install new packages without upgrading to a newer snapshot.

When you get the message “Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for…” it is most likely because you installed a snapshot version of OpenWrt.
Read here for possible solutions.

its odd i have two routers same hardware one installs everything one doesnt>

Are the snapshots the same? And did you make the same modifications to both of them in terms of the non-root/sudoer configuration?