Can't find package lists after upgrading to 19.07

My ISP's modem is IP4 only.

@weka

Could you please explain step by step how you installed wget-nossl (and it's dependencies, and from where did you download them) as I am having the same issue as you (no ipv6, disabled in all confs but busybox wget/uclient-fetch still tries only ipv6 connection and then fails).
I manually downloaded and tried to install wget-nossl but it complained about 2 dependencies that I couldn't find (I am sure they are somewhere in the repos but I can't seem to find them).
For the moment I reverted to the alternative partition of my router where my install of 18.02 is working as expecting.

Thank you in advance for you step by step guide.

You can't imagine how happy you made me by telling that I am not the only user facing this problem! :smiley:

Unfortunately, can't tell any more which packages it took all together before wget was working. As I mentioned before, my router was perfectly working running the previous OS version, and flashing the new version did indeed copy my network settings: VLAN, wireless, WAN, LAN, everything was configured after the flashing. Only additional packages, that I installed manually on the old system, were missing, of course.

Because the network devices were all configured, my working PC had access to the router and to the internet. So I was able to browse the software repository and download the package

wget-nossl_1.20.3-2_arm_cortex-a7_neon-vfpv4.ipk,

Then I upload it to the router via browser and click "install". Then I watched the error messages about missing dependencies, downloaded them as well, uploaded the packaged to the router, and so forth. It took me quite a while, but at some point, wget was working as expected.

I remember that wget needed some libraries called "libpcre", but I don't know exactly which version. Therefore, I downloaded several of them and installed each one, that did not produce another error message. My system now tells me this:

root@fb4040:~# opkg list-installed|grep pcre
libpcre - 8.43-1
libpcre16 - 8.43-1
libpcre2 - 10.32-1
libpcre2-16 - 10.32-1
libpcre2-32 - 10.32-1

I am sure some of those packages are not really needed on my system, but I can't tell which one. :frowning:

1 Like

Same for me. I have only ipv4 connectivity and after flashing 19.07 and keeping settings, everything was working except opkg. I wanted to start installing packages I had on previous version (18.06) but faced this problem.

Yes, it needs libpcre and zlib (if I remember correctly). Will have to do the same and install all these before installing wget-nossl.
I think this issue should be fixed in firmware as not everybody has ipv6 connectivity (yes even in 2020) and as is, the firmware image is not fully functional. Maybe a quick workaround would be including GNU Wget in the firmware image (when device flash space permits).

Don't know when I will be able to do another test as I need connectivity during the week, but once I get it working (or fail) will come back.

Thank you for your reply and help.

Had some time today and did the upgrade.
For this to work you have to download, scp on the router and install the following 3 packages (wget-nossl last as it depends on the first 2) with opkg install /tmp/tmp/package :
zlib
libpcre
wget-nossl

Once these installed you will be able to do opkg update and opkg install wget.
Once wget installed you can opkg remove wget-nossl and continue with your opkg operations.

1 Like