Can't connect to ssh/luci

• So where is the OpenWrt router we're working with?
  • What is the make/model of this device?
  • Can you disconnect everything except from the laptop, reboot and retry this device?

Follow @mk24's steps as written, you will should get a new address.

Yes, I did this and nothing happened. I guess it's a problem with my network manager configuration.

I didn't because I can't get the same connection work, while unplugged from uplink cable. I'm going to attach my nm config, now I'm pretty sure the problem is in it. I just need a clue.

???

• What are you showing us a picture of?
  • I thought you just told me to disregard the the Xiaomi device - now your device is a Xiaomi!
  • Please, can you use a normal computer, with a normal user OS, and attempt to connect to your router?
  • Did you change ANY LAN settings on your OpenWrt device before this issue began?
  • Have you attempted a reset of the OpenWrt ROUTER to defaults???

Also, it might be helpful if you told us this:

Is this still the problem you're experiencing?

Setting the PC on automatic means it will obtain an IP address from the router via DHCP, which is the proper configuration for this setup.

To make the PC re-DHCP, either unplug the Ethernet cable for at least a few seconds (30 seconds should work) or shut down the Ethernet interface and then bring it back up.

1 Like

No I meant to disregard that screenshot.

No.

You mean factory reset? I did that when this problem occurred for the first time, but there is nothing wrong with the router itself, because:

That wasn't a problem, the actual problem was exactly the same as of now. See op post.

Well, that's the problem. I cannot bring back up ethernet connection if I unplug uplink cable. If I understand correctly while uplink cable plugged into the router it ignores the router and just connects directly to the computer, but when I unplug uplink cable my networkmanager cannot automatically find my router and cannot establish connection to it.

If your router is running with default settings, it will issue a DHCP address to a computer attached to one of the LAN ports. The only two devices should be the OpenWrt router and the PC. Disconnect from the ISP and all other network devices.

If it does not do that, you should hold down the router's reset button for more than 5 seconds (while the router is fully booted) and release it to initiate a reset to defaults.

Thank you, the factory reset has helped to acces 192.168.1.1, but the thing is the ISP redirected me to login page again and automatically set connection when I plugged uplink cable again, but everything now works fine. So my question is do I just leave default settings in luci since everything just works?

Repeat the factory reset again while disconnected from the ISP modem

Then

1. change the ip of your router to a different subnet you cannot use 182.168.1.x on both routers. Use 182.168.2.x , set your router to 192.168.2.1.

2. don't forget to apply changes unconfirmed when you get the warning.

3. unplug your PC for 30seconds to get new settings

4. test you SSH and luci

5. now reconnect you ISP

2 Likes

how about, you disconnect the xiaomi from your isp router. then connect your pc to one of the lan ports of the xiaomi. now you should be able to connect to luci or via ssh. Then show us your openwrt config, especially from the wan interface and lan.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks.

It looks like your ISP router with the "bee" logo has IP 192.168.1.1 and also OpenWRT defaults to 192.168.1.1 (assuming you did not change). Since they both have the same IP address, you can only reach to the closest one.

I see that you attached OpenWRT's WAN port to your ISP router and it took IP 192.168.1.65 but you can't access it from WAN port due to security reasons.

To access to OpenWRT you can do few different things. Disconnect OpenWRT from your ISP router first then reboot. After:

1- Connect to OpenWRT's WIFI then access 192.168.1.1
2- Connect to OpenWRT's LAN port directly then access it with 192.168.1.1

Once you are in. You should set the LAN IP address of xiaomi/openwrt to 192.168.1.2 (assuming it is free in your network based on your images). Then you also need to disable DHCP server in OpenWRT.

After that you can connnect one of the LAN ports of OpenWRT to one of the LAN ports of your bee logo router using cable and you should be able to access it using 192.168.1.2 IP address.

1 Like

Thanks, this is already solved. Thread should be closed.

If your problem is solved, feel free to mark the relevant post as the solution; and edit the title to add "[SOLVED]" to the beginning (click the pencil behind the topic).

grafik

how was it solved?

1 Like
1 Like

The "bridge" entries in these settings...

He bridged his OpenWRT router, thus disabling DHCP server on it? No wonder he couldn't connect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.