Can't access admin page [solved]

Hi everyone! I think I've been following the instructions, but I can't get the administration page on a new install of OpenWrt on my R7800.

The factory setup had an HTML administration page at 192.168.0.1 but my browser in unable to connect. I can ping the router at 192.168.1.1 but no luck finding it with my browser. DNS is working, and I'm actually sending this over the new install, but I'm using all default settings, of course.

I can SSH in as root, but have no idea what to do once I'm in. The SHA256 was checked before installation, and I've looked thru this forum for clues about how to get control. I would just try a re-install, but the instructions call for using the original admin interface, which I just wrote over.

Thanks for your help!

Which OpenWrt image exactly have you flashed?

openwrt-ipq806x-generic-netgear_r7800-squashfs-factory.img

Hmmm. Now I see that maybe it was supposed to be openwrt-19.07.3-ipq806x-generic-netgear_r7800-squashfs-factory.img

What do I do now?

You have installed a snapshot image. Read the link for instructions how to install Luci, which is not installed by default in snapshots.

https://openwrt.org/faq/can_not_connect_via_webbrowser

Alternatively, update to 19.07.3, which does include LuCI.

1 Like

Thank you! That was actually easy!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.