Cannot Start OpenVPN Session

Currently trying to use PrivateTunnel via LEDE flashed TL-WR841N router.

The system log keeps saying:
Wed Sep 6 04:29:50 2017 daemon.err openvpn(PrivateTunnel)[11144]: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in openvpn-PrivateTunnel.conf:13: pkcs12 (2.4.0)
Wed Sep 6 04:29:50 2017 daemon.warn openvpn(PrivateTunnel)[11144]: Use --help for more information.

But I never even added the field pkcs12, nor have I configured it.
I tried to remove it manually and SCP the removed version in place of the original, still did not work.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Currently using: LEDE Reboot 17.01-SNAPSHOT r3218-bf53a83 / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.051.53299-a100738)
Kernel Version: 4.4.50

That happened to me too. The pkcs12 parameter sneaks in as a result the OpenVPN recipe you selected when you created your client config. You can fix it by editing /etc/config/openvpn with WinSCP and looking for the client configuration you created. You'll see a line starting with "Option" that has the pkcs12 parameter set -- delete it. The "recipe" file is the one that created this problem and it can be found at /etc/config/openvpn_recipes. In the recipe file you'll see the defaults for the standard recipes.

If you want to fix all this so that it's MUCH nicer for creating future OpenVPN client configurations, see my post at SNBForums on setting up OpenVPN for Private Internet Access on a Raspberry Pi running LEDE. The concepts can be adapted for any VPN service:

What is your openvpn config?