Cannot reach external IP

Hi all,

I recently installed ACwifidude OpenWrt 22.03-SNAPSHOT r20145-30fca5413b coming from a Kong release and configured it "manually". I remember that I also tested my ddns and wireguard setup and it worked fine. After that I installed and configured stubby. In that context I also updated some software packages, but I don't exactly remember which ones.

Today I experienced that I cannot get a connection from outside to wireguard and another device. Therefore I reverted the changes made due to stubby. At least I believe I found everything :wink: The problem remains.

I also noticed that the WAN interface doesn't show my external IP (v4) but sth. like 192.168.0.213/24. I'm not sure if that is an issue or not. At least before the update that was different. Therefore I had to change the IP source of my ddns to URL, which seems to work now.

However, I still don't get a wireguard connection to work. Even not if I change the client from ddns to IP. Firewall rules and forwardings also seem ok.

What I also recognized is that I can not ping my external IP from outside the network. It seems that all incoming traffic gets blocked.

So besides the DoT via stubby and DNSSEC I don't remember that I changed anything else.

I'm not the great OpenWRT expert. Is the anything I could try?

Best regards
tim

it does.
you're being NATed by your ISP, that's not a public IP.

as long as your WAN IP doesn't match the IP given by any random whatsmyip site, you've kind of screwed.

4 Likes

Ähh sound stupid but that was the hint. Thanks a lot!

I remember that I opened a ticket at my ISP due to service issues. They closed the ticket without any further comments yesterday. Now I found our, that they reseted my router/modem. No I changes the mode and everything is fine again :wink:

Now I need to do the hassle with stubby again. Or is the a nice LUCI alternative that can be used?