I installed the image openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v4-squashfs-factory.bin on my TP-link archer c7 v4 router. The install seemed to go correctly. However after the install I am unable to log into the router to set the root password.
The router seems to be running openwrt. I am able to do the following.
- Connect ethernet cable to a lan port and ping 192.168.0.1. Ping is working
- Using a browser and going to http://192.168.0.1 displays apache2 debian page. So it seems that apache2 is running on the router.
- Trying to telnet to 192.168.0.1 give connection refused message.
- Trying to ssh to 192.168.0.1 also give connection refused message on port 22.
- I connected the WAN port of the openWrt router to my working home router and I could see that it pulled a ip address from the home router.
I am hoping someone in this forum can help me.