Cannot install QoS or SQM packages on my TP Link Archer C2600

Really new to LEDE btw.

I just installed LEDE Reboot 17.01.2 r3435-65eec8bd5f / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.152.82987-7f6fc16) version to my Archer C2600 (not sure if this is the latest stable release version)

I'm trying to install SQM or QoS to manage my network especially when I'm gaming, but I cannot install the packages in the LuCi web GUI.

this text appears when I try to install the package:

Collected errors:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for luci-app-sqm:
  • kmod-sched-core * kmod-sched-core * kmod-sched-cake * kmod-ifb * kmod-ipt-ipopt * kmod-ipt-conntrack-extra *
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-sqm.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You are sure that you have updated the packages lists?

Yes. did that before looking for any.

I'm having a very similar problem trying to install nano on my C2600 router--I can't download libncurses which is the dependency for it. When I update the package lists, all package lists are updated but one. I get an error downloading reboot_base at http://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.2/packages/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/base/Packages.sig and I wonder if your dependency issues stem from the same package library.

I do wonder if anyone managing the package knows about this. I'd really like the sqm package since this is one of the main reasons for me to flash into LEDE, as my network suffers in big amounts of bufferbloat.

how odd.. I can confirm cake SQM works very well on my C2600 v1.. so don't give up :slight_smile: perhaps a reset may help