Cannot build firewall on Debian 10.0

Hello,

I'm trying to build my own image for the router netgear wnr2000v1 (using image-builder)

Sadly I have some dependencies issues and as I'm not familiar with the opkg system I thought I could drop by to get some advices on how to resolve those. (Full build log : https://paste.debian.net/1091901/)

Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for firewall:
 * 	libip4tc2
 * 	libip6tc2
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package firewall.

Did you compile those 2 packages?

Should not be necessary for the image-builder.

Try adding those packages explicitly: some dependencies could be missing in firewall.

1 Like

Marked it as resolved,

even if the compiled version doesn't load on the router --". It gives me a bad CRC check when trying to load the image. So I'll stick to trying to get a working LEDE 17.01.7 on this device. As for now it keeps giving me squashfs errors and thus it mounts itself in ram. I already made a thread about this issue, I might reopen it LEDE cannot save settings, filesystem full ...

You are trying to use the ar71xx-tiny imagebuilder for the master branch (snapshots), but the whole ar71xx target is in the process of being dropped (in favour of ath79) from OpenWrt alltogether and is no longer being built (sourceonly). This means that the target specific binaries still offered by the mirrors are now several weeks old (detached HEAD), while the generic mips_24kc binaries (shared with multiple other targets) are freshly rebuilt (current master/ HEAD) every day - and library ABIs have changed meanwhile.

You'd either have to switch to ath79-tiny (which probably doesn't support the wnr2000 yet) or build ar71xx-tiny from source, instead of relying on imagebuilder (it's just no longer being built by the buildbots, but currently the source is still available).

That said, you should consider retiring 4/32 devices, the wnr2000 is particularly wasteful in regards to its flash partitioning, which makes it even harder to keep running than similar devices.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll save myself some headaches and keep it running on Lede then. As i'm only using it as a repeater for 2 / 3 devices for personal use in the middle of nowhere land (so any security isn't my main issue here). Also it's still functional (even if buggy at the moment) so I do not intend to change it unless I'm forced to / can't get a working Lede 17.01.7 version running on it. There's already enough ewaste out there to my taste.

If you've got some time to spare I'd appreciate your help on my new thread LEDE 17.01.7 (stripped) refuses to mount .... It will probably be my last thread about this router as I feel like I'm spamming the forum about this. Sorry about that

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.