Cannot access via web interface (192.168.x.1)

Hi, I installed 19.07.2 on Linksys EA6350 and it works fine till today.

When I tried to access via web interface (192.168.x.1), some error message appeared instead of the log in page. But the router is still working fine (the devices linked to it can access internet and each other).

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:315: /etc/config/luci seems to be corrupt, unable to find section 'main'
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:315: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:208: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:207>

Since this is my only router now, and I don't know if a reboot will solve this problem, I post it to see if anyone would help me out on this.

Thank you! I am a new user of OpenWrt, not so technical on Linux and network.

You can connect via ssh and check /etc/config/luci directly, e.g. using cat(1) or vi(1p). A reference configuration would be /rom/etc/config/luci, which you can use to fix /etc/config/luci (as a means to avoid firstboot).

I would suggest troubleshooting this issue, rather than just overwriting the active file with the version from /rom/, to find out the likely cause of corruption. E.g. does it look like an edit gone wrong or real file corruption (e.g. caused by a dirty reboot).

1 Like

that output can be misleading. Had the same after removal of python-base which created a path gap (/usr/bin/python) for the default python interpreter (version 2) binary. In my case got it fixed with (not touching /etc/config/luci)

ln -sfn /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/python ; reboot

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed suggestion, but it seems beyond my knowledge on this system.

A backup router may arrive today and hope a reboot may work.

Try to learn more about the Linux as not a very quick learner. :joy:

Thanks again!

I will try a reboot after getting a backup router, and hope this problem goes away.

The command line may be not that easy as I am not so familiar with that.

Thank you very much!

In that case, firstboot is very likely to fix it.

Had the same issue with my bt hub 5a on 19.07.2 recently, as did someone here:-

After a Reboot, everything seems OK uptill now.

Thank you, everyone!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.