It has been a long time that I connected to the router; possibly for couple years.
I wanted to access the router to configure VPN so I can connect my network from my upcoming trip. But I could not get into the interface through Luci/SSH.
Router: Linksys EA7300 v1
I can ping the router 192.168.1.1.
When I tried to log into Luci, the browser shows "This site can’t be reached // 192.168.1.1 refused to connect"
When I tried to log into SSH using putty, I receive "Network error: Connection refused."
Computer is connected with a hard wire straight to the router, and there is no other devices in between.
(1) I have tried to factory reset the router with reset button 30 sec, but made it worse; WIFI got disabled.
(2) I tried to revert back to factory firmware with power on/off 3 times, but it never revert back.
(3) I tried TFTP method, getting "Unable to get responses from the server,"
(4) I tried telnet, but received "Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed"
(5) I tried to enter failsafe mode, but did not fully understand how.
I do not mind loosing the configuration as long as I can access the machine. There were not too much configuration other than few WIFI and firewall rules. Does anyone have idea how to gain the access to the router?